Tonight I cooked..........

C9431F63-599B-4F8B-BD32-EC6CAC3B1188.jpeg

Beef Keema Curry with Bombay Potatoes. It’s a Slimming World recipe, but we spoiled the effect by having it with a couple of beers and a bottle of wine! :smile:
Lush though.

Bit of a house full this weekend. Daughter was home from college and brought three friends. We put the boats in the lake for the first time this season and had a cookout for dinner.

Pork/beef burgers, bratties, atomic buffalo turds, corn and tater salad.
IMG_1412.JPG

ABTs in prep:
IMG_7997.JPG

A kipper for tea:
Kippers:

Truly excellent, arrive cool as cool ready to pop in the freezer. fat they are:
Hear is one i did earlier, I find cling film and 2.5 in the micro is just right without filling the house with it.

IMG_5093.jpg

Bit of a house full this weekend. Daughter was home from college and brought three friends. We put the boats in the lake for the first time this season and had a cookout for dinner.

Pork/beef burgers, bratties, atomic buffalo turds, corn and tater salad.
View attachment 331822

ABTs in prep:
View attachment 331866
Looks great, but you can keep the corn.

Last evening's cooking for a while as the kitchen is being ripped apart for a re-fit

Anyway, yesterday's efforts

Charcuterie, and a glass of sherry to get me started
platter.jpg

Cerviche of salmon with avocado, pickled cucumber and salmon caviar (it supposed to be a tower but it collapsed)
salmon 2.jpg

Roast monkfish, salt cod croquette, sweet potato and ginger puree, roasted spring onion, deep fried carrot crisps, basil oil.
monkfish2.jpg

Roast pineapple, rum caramel, creme fraiche
pineapple3.jpg

Last evening's cooking for a while as the kitchen is being ripped apart for a re-fit

[lots of things]
I wouldn't eat everything (pineapple is dirty and I'm not keen on cucumber) but it all looks awesome. Mrs Mush is a lucky lady.

Anyway, yesterday's efforts

Charcuterie, and a glass of sherry to get me started
View attachment 331933

Cerviche of salmon with avocado, pickled cucumber and salmon caviar (it supposed to be a tower but it collapsed)
View attachment 331932

Roast monkfish, salt cod croquette, sweet potato and ginger puree, roasted spring onion, deep fried carrot crisps, basil oil.
View attachment 331931

Roast pineapple, rum caramel, creme fraiche
View attachment 331930
Red or brown sauce ?

Roast beef tonight, with baked potatoes, roasted root veg, an attempt at Yorkies, and gravy.
IMG_1765.JPG

I would have liked to send my offerings but my leccy bombed out at 19.30 and as usual the company told us by text that all would be fine and dandy by 21.15
Norra bleedin hope. More messages through the night eventually said by 3.00am if you`re lucky but it actually burst back into life at around 1.00am.
`er indoors had to go to kip at 23.00 as she was fooked but she couldn`t switch her CPAP on so had a poor couple of hours while trying to sleep.
Me being a good sort had to stay up waiting for the 240v 50Hz to reappear and was so pleased when out of the blue the telly burst into life and the fridge started whirring. I dashed in and switched her wotsit on and she went straight to sleep.
I can now catch up on the snooker and see the bog when I go for a wee.

Bliss. Life can be good some days.

They’re cakes not Yorkshire puddings.
I am aware, hence my reference to an attempt at them. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Either the flour is too strong for the recipe proportions, of the oven's not hot enough. 475 seems plenty though.

On the positive side, I seem to be able to consistently fcuk them up in the same manner :)

Herrings Bismark salad:

Bismark Herring took some getting used to, me being from Yorkshire, but having grown up,
IMG_5114.jpg

Latest Threads