• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tonight I cooked..........

Did you pick it up?
Worth £5 + on eBay them.
Funny enough it was in two bits and I sort of “clicked it together, it was massive. Took the photo for my grandson.

Shortly after that I lost the fücking phone, strange how the photo was able to upload to “the cloud” from the wilds of Donegal!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Caulicheese and broccoli baked potatoes with cheapo mystery "bacon".

View attachment 331452

It's not my oven, so don't have a pop. It's a NEFF Slide and Hide, which I thought I really really wanted for the new house, but after giving it a test run, I've decided that paying £300+ for a fancy oven door isn't really worth it. I could buy an awful lot of shoes with that.

View attachment 331453

Don't touch the plate. "Ow".
Get yourself a Neff double oven no fancy doors but a great oven. I got one just before Christmas with my new kitchen, can't fault it, heats up really fast and cooks everything very evenly. Top oven is great for grilling and doing other stuff like a pudding when the bottom main oven is full.

Get yourself a Neff double oven no fancy doors but a great oven. I got one just before Christmas with my new kitchen, can't fault it, heats up really fast and cooks everything very evenly. Top oven is great for grilling and doing other stuff like a pudding when the bottom main oven is full.
I've gone for a Hoover one. Dunno if it's cordless or not.

1524221073383.png

Bone question here - how does one acquire them ? Are they on a seed catalogue or does one have to frequent public woodland with a spade and a balaclava ?
Public woodlands.

I got switched on to wild garlic two years ago. I was walking on the disused railway line near Liss and saw some old Chinese woman collecting what looked like chives. I asked her what it was and she told me and said she used it in soups and omelettes (?).

Look for something as shown in the picture above. Pick a blade and rub it between your fingers. If it smells garlicky you’re in luck.
The Chinese are pretty good at foraging wild stuff (which is a compliment). I have seen them collecting mushrooms.

I once saw some collecting American crayfish on the Basingstoke Canal near Aldershot. They are big buggers (the crayfish) and you can take them freely as they are an invasive species (you are requested to tell British Waterways - or whatever it morphed into - how many you caught and where but nobody ever bothers).

So if you ever had a Chinese meal in the Aldershot area you now know where your scampi came from. On the upside the food mileage is very low and it’s bang on trend in terms of local sourcing, natural ingredients etc.

Dear COOP if your wondering where that box of beer that you left out the back went, don't worry I have adopted it and found it a new loving home.

Burp !
Was that the batch that was recalled/destroyed because the Mexican brewery workers pissed in it to annoy the Yanquis?

Chicken, stuffing and leftover KFC gravy baguettes.

chickbag.jpg

The chicken was a "Roast in the bag with the stuffing already in" thingy, so I obviously scoffed all the crispy skin before cutting it up for sarnies. Burnt my thumb in the process but no medical assistance was required.

Oh, and not my plate, I hasten to add.

Fùck me, do you not realise that little scorch marks on skin are a rite of passage. It teaches you not to be so stupid again, the old "Once bitten, twice shy" scenario. Poofs, the lot of you (mainly those who can't handle a bit of pain though). Going out of your way to buy things so that you can touch a hot shelf is just girly, learn from your mistakes!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Indeed. Picking chips out of the just lifted frying basket and squeezing between fingers and thumb for doneness soon creates the acquired necessary pain tolerance. :)

Grows wild over here in wooded shady areas but will grow just about anywhere, I just dug a few up from the local woods and stuck them in a pot on the back step, also took @Joker62 a couple last year.
Looks like this and has a small white bulb at the base.

Also, you'll smell it long before seeing it. Lovely.

I made a bucket of spag bol to freeze down for when I'm too knackered to cook. I do all sorts and if I get home at stupid o'clock I can defrost something and eat properly rather than live on truck driver rubbish and end up massively fat.

I've got a spicy spanish chicken and chorizo invention on the go for tonight. A sort of paella meets chilli thing. It smells good....

Latest Threads