Tonight I cooked..........

It seems like everyone raves about hasselback potatoes, and I'm failing to see why. I've tried making them twice and to be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about as it seems to me to be not much different to a baked potato. Am I missing something?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It seems like everyone raves about hasselback potatoes, and I'm failing to see why. I've tried making them twice and to be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about as it seems to me to be not much different to a baked potato. Am I missing something?
On their own, just a different way of roasting spuds, but add stuff into the slots nearing the end of cooking and it's a different animal. I've done them with sliced chorizo or pannacetta in the slots with shaved parmesan on top, very nice. You just need to play with flavours.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On their own, just a different way of roasting spuds, but add stuff into the slots nearing the end of cooking and it's a different animal. I've done them with sliced chorizo or pannacetta in the slots with shaved parmesan on top, very nice. You just need to play with flavours.

How long do you do them for? I used Laroma potatoes last night, put them in the oven on gas mark 6 for about an hour and they were still underdone.

How long do you do them for? I used Laroma potatoes last night, put them in the oven on gas mark 6 for about an hour and they were still underdone.
Something like eleventeen months according to one who posted on here about his roasted potatoes. =)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Having no idea what Laroma spuds are, as long as it takes. Just have to keep testing them I suppose.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
i wish to formally protest at the creeping in of Jamie Oliveresque type speak on this hallowed thread.
Im looking at you @mush_dad and @Joker62 .
"'shrooms"??...fecking 'shrooms??!!

You Joker, already have form for this type of abomination...with your 'slaw.

its a slippery slope chaps..a slope greased with a drizzle of jus.
They'll be "WHACKING IT" in the oven next. I always tend to place stuff carefully into a pre heated oven. The only thing that should be WHACKED is Jamie Oliver's head!

They'll be "WHACKING IT" in the oven next. I always tend to place stuff carefully into a pre heated oven. The only thing that should be WHACKED is Jamie Oliver's head!
Mea culpa.

TBH the only thing that gets whacked into my oven is the heavy duty, stainless steel roasting dish when I've just taken it out of a very hot oven using a damp tea towel

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Mea culpa.

TBH the only thing that gets whacked into my oven is the heavy duty, stainless steel roasting dish when I've just taken it out of a very hot oven using a damp tea towel
That is fecking painful, I must invest in a very good decent pair of oven gloves that don't conduct the heat when damp, which in a kitchen tends to happen more often than not.
Any ideas anyone?

Eating Polish.
1. White sausage
2. 'Grannies bread'
IMG_5083.jpg
IMG_5081.jpg
IMG_5100.jpg

That is fecking painful, I must invest in a very good decent pair of oven gloves that don't conduct the heat when damp, which in a kitchen tends to happen more often than not.
Any ideas anyone?
Yeah, conductivity is a bitch.

Try Kuhn Rikon silicone ones.

Mind you, you still have to look out for the bit above the mitt.

A few evenings ago I mostly cooked my hand.

DE095F9B-989B-49C3-9EE8-989A3988DD02.jpeg

Yet another DCI.