Tonight I cooked..........

What’re you doing with the marrow bones?
Roasting them, then scooping out the marrow which will later be chopped and added to the gravy. The bones will be added to the stock pot for said gravy, and the fat (of which there is lot's) will be used to baste the beef and then have the potatoes roasted in it.

Not bad for £1.19

Last night's efforts

Scallops with avocado puree, bacon and black pudding.
View attachment 331008

Mussels in cider with bacon
View attachment 331007

A 'flourless' chocolate and whisky cake
View attachment 331006
Another stellar performance.

Love the Moules à La Normande*. I prefer mussels in dry cider rather than wine. And a splash of calvados.

My first meal every trip to France is mussels, steak frites and apple tart. Sort of traditional.

*And anyone who says moules a la Normandy has cream in it is a knob.

Coming up later

Roast beef dinner
View attachment 331014
Et Voila
beef6.jpg

And plated up to look purty;
Roast rib, roast potty toes, onion and parsnip, carrots, runner beans, yorkshires and creamed horseradish
beef5.jpg

And then after I took the pic, the current mrs_mush filled up the plate.

Saturday night steak and chips.

Pictures a bit out of focus as the contents of the glass came from the second bottle of Pinot Noir.

00A28EB9-4B9C-41B8-B4CB-02064ABECDBF.jpeg

Couple of sirloins from a “special deal” with Pete The Meat. Best part of 500g of decent sirloin for £3. Deal. Frazzled on the outside and bright pink in the middle. Two minutes either side in a very hot pan and a bit of a rest. Smoked the bloody kitchen out.

Mushrooms with butter, black pepper and parsley from the window pot. Tomatoes with garlic salt, pepper and parsley. I like fresh parsley.

Some chips. Very nice dipped in blood.

I just realised that it looks a bit spartan on the plate. However, the plate is 12” in diameter and I’m more interested in the grub than the presentation.

Saturday night steak and chips.

Pictures a bit out of focus as the contents of the glass came from the second bottle of Pinot Noir.

View attachment 331065

Couple of sirloins from a “special deal” with Pete The Meat. Best part of 500g of decent sirloin for £3. Deal. Frazzled on the outside and bright pink in the middle. Two minutes either side in a very hot pan and a bit of a rest. Smoked the bloody kitchen out.

Mushrooms with butter, black pepper and parsley from the window pot. Tomatoes with garlic salt, pepper and parsley. I like fresh parsley.

Some chips. Very nice dipped in blood.

I just realised that it looks a bit spartan on the plate. However, the plate is 12” in diameter and I’m more interested in the grub than the presentation.
Did you cut yourself?

Ham in cola
20180415_201608_crop_870x738.jpg

No. But I did get a burn ouchy taking the chips out of the oven.

Another DCI to add to a long list of burns, scalds, lacerations, cuts and stabbings
So where did the blood come from?