Tonight I cooked..........

I believe brown sauce is wrong for this dish.

I suggest Worcestershire sauce.

You can "drizzle" it on top too so iit's posh!
Ooh, f'kin hark at Michel Roux Jr, there's no hard and fast rules about which accompaniment goes with cheese on toast, it's upto the person eating it!

He's been fella'd and he's furiously scraping for a comeback.
He has no comeback though because:
I have the upmost respect for what he did cookery-wise in the army
He's given some top notch tips on here too.

I think he might have a bit of the ginger about him.

He's been fella'd and he's furiously scraping for a comeback.
He has no comeback though because:
I have the upmost respect for what he did cookery-wise in the army
He's given some top notch tips on here too.

I think he might have a bit of the ginger about him.
You've gone too far now, codhead!

Sainsbury's giant couscous and feta salad, with some houmous and thinly sliced Brunswick ham, all mixed together.
'Cos it was all that was in the fridge after being away for a couple of days.
Surprisingly nice.

It was that or a pot noodle.

@Porkbrain. I did spicy chicken wings yesterday, but this time I brined them and to the brine, I added white wine vinegar, Tabasco, Worcester sauce, chilli flakes, garlic salt and other spices. Six hours in the fridge and then roasted with more spices and a drizzle of olive oil. Crispy outside, but very moist inside and had absorbed a good flavour from the brine mix. More spice on salad...:) Drumsticks next time.

View attachment 330900
What's your brine mix.

Dripping

there , I said it , growing up , my Grandad ( mums dad) lived with us for his final few years , well his final 18 years to be exact, which was a bit of a bone of contention for my dad ( he did accept it after a while, especially after the old boy won the pools, probably about 1962 ish and it was 4 grand ish, which was a hell of a lot of cash back then, and it did help the olds get out of cash flow problems for the garage ,after he bought shares in the business)

Every night Mum would say to him "what do you want for supper dad? "
"just a bit of toast and dripping!!!"
every night, whatever was Sunday lunch, the dripping was kept in a jar in the pantry( fridges were for rich people , and if we did need anything freezing there was a freezer in our shop beside the garage .
at the time I thought it was horrible , these days I will drain off any dripping and save it for roasties and the rich bit at the bottom goes onto hot toast

anyway, tonight , on my toast at supper , I am having the clear juices from roasted chicken( which was very nice) that have jellified, with a nice bottle of Kumala Pintage Cinsault Merlot, which we haven't tried ,

So the question is ... Dripping yes or no?
Definitely yes, and the jelly from a Chicken is very rich in nutrients.

Last night's efforts

Scallops with avocado puree, bacon and black pudding.
scallops.jpg

Mussels in cider with bacon
mussels and bacon.jpg

A 'flourless' chocolate and whisky cake
chocolate cake.jpg