Tonight I cooked..........

What's wrong with you man?
I bet you eat cucumber and sprouts though?
Both in moderation, but not a massive fan.

4B0D41B6-4022-48C6-AD7F-14B3369F7373.jpeg
904566EF-C4D8-4BCC-85C4-1F6858CACF82.jpeg

A labour of love today. Five and a half hours since getting home from the Butchers. First attempt at home made Steak and Kidney Pud - a little dry, but I’ll test and adjust next time. Lovely jubbly! :smile:

Southerners...what the **** do they know about gravy and 'Steamed' puddings.
You Northern gravy starved cnuts....

oxtail stew.JPG

Oxtail broth/stew. Falling off the bone, 10 hours in a slow cooker, barley...very low fat ...........feckin lush.

Southerners...what the **** do they know about gravy and 'Steamed' puddings.
You Northern gravy starved cnuts....
If that was aimed at me, I’m born and bred Cumbrian, which is as North as you can get, without donning a kilt!

I'm not vegetarian so don't care what embryos are killed for my brunch.
Yes, but you obviously either went to a vegetarian restaurant or went to a normal one and ordered a vegetarian breakfast. Either way, we have a right to be concerned. Has living abroad weakened you in some way?

I just fancied a cheese & onion roll. I grated too much Gouda, so there’s two. With some pickles.

View attachment 326795
Okay...how the feck did you scoff those without most of the topping ending up on the plate? Surely a better plan would have to approached it from an engineering angle and amalgamated the two entitities into one, also incorporating the otherwise stranded olives and pickled onion??
Even then though - being optimistic too, I reckon you'd need at least 2 inch guardrails to contain the filling.

I hereby propose your posted scran as being unviable.
:)

Okay...how the feck did you scoff those without most of the topping ending up on the plate? Surely a better plan would have to approached it from an engineering angle and amalgamated the two entitities into one, also incorporating the otherwise stranded olives and pickled onion??
Even then though - being optimistic too, I reckon you'd need at least 2 inch guardrails to contain the filling.

Must you over-complicate everything? Is this some "skill" learned in the RN?

Years ago, as a Pot Offr (the shame!), I was in a syndicate doing a command task, where the burden was an ammo box. We POs stood round umming and arring about how to get the burden across the shark infested custard with the usual ropes and planks, that are too short. After 10 minutes of failing, the DS came over and said words to the effect of "We use these command tasks for YofS and FofS boards, and the SNCOs usually just throw the box across". I have never forgotten that lesson.

I ate the rolls by the simple expedient of putting the tops on them :)

Must you over-complicate everything? Is this some "skill" learned in the RN?

Years ago, as a Pot Offr (the shame!), I was in a syndicate doing a command task, where the burden was an ammo box. We POs stood round umming and arring about how to get the burden across the shark infested custard with the usual ropes and planks, that are too short. After 10 minutes of failing, the DS came over and said words to the effect of "We use these command tasks for YofS and FofS boards, and the SNCOs usually just throw the box across". I have never forgotten that lesson.

I ate the rolls by the simple expedient of putting the tops on them :)
Right...that’s it- you are hereby now known as mush-ster.
A bit posh ;)

Right...that’s it- you are hereby now known as mush-ster.
A bit posh ;)
I grew up on the banks of the Mersey. Bit of a flaw in your argument :)

If he had the Saffer boer-maak-'n-plan gene he'd have used achaar to bind it.

...And he'd call a barbecue a braai.

...And he'd be able to do it properly.

There other things which cannot happen - in theory.

If he had the Saffer boer-maak-'n-plan gene he'd have used achaar to bind it.

...And he'd call a barbecue a braai.

...And he'd be able to do it properly.
In English as well.