Tonight I cooked..........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
TBF, he did mention waffles in the description.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It's Sunday. I only do pictures and not words on a Sunday.

It certainly worked with the chicken. Awaiting incoming from @Roadster280 coz he'll no doubt have some Tenessee concoction. Mrs Pv who loves Memphis red type sauces loved the Alabama white.
To be honest, I’m not that much of a fan of the southern BBQ styles. Too much sugar in the mop. I’ll eat it and enjoy it, but often think to myself “this is a bit sweet”.

If cooking it myself, my go-to is Dinosaur BBQ Mutha Sauce. Which is from upstate New York, although they readily admit Louisiana influence.

As an aside, it’s fair to say that Dinosaur BBQ is a) my all-time fave restaurant, and b) changed my outlook on cooking. I’d never had collard greens until I went there, they are absolutely lush. Their pickled cucumbers are lush (and hot), and their tomato/cucumber salad is most excellent. I have thrashed their cookbook to death. That’s just the side dishes. Their smoked meat and poultry is very good indeed. My copy of their book has a broken spine, food splatters over many pages, and I’ve enjoyed every minute of the ride. Can’t recommend it enough. ISBN-13: 978-1580089715. Amazon has it:

To be honest, I’m not that much of a fan of the southern BBQ styles. Too much sugar in the mop. I’ll eat it and enjoy it, but often think to myself “this is a bit sweet”.

If cooking it myself, my go-to is Dinosaur BBQ Mutha Sauce. Which is from upstate New York, although they readily admit Louisiana influence.

As an aside, it’s fair to say that Dinosaur BBQ is a) my all-time fave restaurant, and b) changed my outlook on cooking. I’d never had collard greens until I went there, they are absolutely lush. Their pickled cucumbers are lush (and hot), and their tomato/cucumber salad is most excellent. I have thrashed their cookbook to death. That’s just the side dishes. Their smoked meat and poultry is very good indeed. My copy of their book has a broken spine, food splatters over many pages, and I’ve enjoyed every minute of the ride. Can’t recommend it enough. ISBN-13: 978-1580089715. Amazon has it:

Scary the amount of sugar there is in some sauces. Prefer sauces with a bit of vinegary bite myself. Thanks for the book recommend - have just ordered it. Mrs Pv eyerolling , but she has no trouble eating the food I grill....
Pv.

Last night's efforts

Octopus, seafood and avocado salad. with crispy shallots
octo.jpg

Sea Bass with buttered onion slivers, roasted pepper, creamed spinach
bass.jpg

Lemon panna cotta, caramelised blood orange, roasted rhubarb
panna2.jpg

Sunday supper

Beef Bourguignon, goose fat croutons
boug.jpg

Caramel-bourbon-croissant bread and butter pudding
B&B.jpg

Skimping a bit on the occy there. One likes occy.

Pickle in olive oil with oregano, olives, sun dried tomato and a bit of feta. Just chuck out of the jar directly onto salad or pasta with fresh chopped parsley and a handful of anchovies and capers. Squeeze of lemon and dig in.

There's nowt wrong wi' hash browns.
There's a fuckofalot wrong with the shite passed off as such here in the UK.
Thankfully I'm only another five weeks off being able to order them & know I'm getting the real deal.
Or should I go for the 'mile high pile'...?
Tried the septic gash browns when I was over there doing my road trip, didn't do anything to change my mind that they are greasy shite.

Any road up; Tonight I did the roast beef dinner thing for Mum, using the small silverside joint I bought from my local butcher on Friday.
Sod the expense; the meat was miles better than supermarket stuff & nor did it shrink in the manner I thought was usual.
Smeared the joint with duck fat with a sprinkling of salt, then sat it on some chopped up, slightly 'tired' onion & carrot in the roasting pan with a dash o' red wine & a couple of bay leaves off the bush by the kitchen door.
Gave it 20 minutes @ 200°C, followed by an hour @ 170°C & a twenty minute rest.
Served with roast spuds done in 50/50 butter & duck fat, gravy from the meat/wine juices & steamed sprouts, carrot & broccoli.

No foties again...
1oops.gif

Tried the septic gash browns when I was over there doing my road trip, didn't do anything to change my mind that they are greasy shite.
You et in the wrong places then, as even Denny's produces a pile of light, crispy, golden shreds that do justice to any fried egg.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tonight I cooked a roast sirloin of Unicorn served on the rare side with a reduction of Ambrosia (nectar of the Gods to you know nothings) and a puree made from the Apples of Hesperides. All with the usual spuds and veg.
Sorry no pics!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk