Tonight I cooked..........

I know it's not 'Tonight Someone Brought Me' but still:

Crab raviolo with squid ink broth:

Steak burger:

Shame it wasn't all on plates, instead of a grubby bit of paper.

Tonight's effort was a chicken, leek & mushroom casserole/stoo thing, cooked on the hob.
6 drumsticks coated in a mix of flour, thyme, oregano & coarse black pepper then browned in butter.
Took them out the pan & added more butter, then gently sautéed half a bulb of garlic (did I say I like garlic?), two chopped leeks & 200g of quartered mushrooms before returning the drumsticks to the pan, along with some chicken stock, a glass of white wine & the rest of the floury herb mix.
Simmered for an hour & served on a bed of basmati rice.
DSC_1311.JPG

It may not look all posh & stuff but by 'eck it tasted so good I only just remembered to take a fotie.

A4096167-372E-4C0D-89ED-8E8856223747.jpeg

Chicken and Chorizo tray bake, with onions, red pepper, tomatoes and potatoes. Washed down with a glass of Pinot Grigio while watching Endeavour on catch up. Lovely! :smile:

It's twice the potato I'd have, plus there's the rusk in the sosjiz to add in too.

I'm gonna get my Cumberland sausage making stuff together again in the next couple of weeks, as I'm dying to slip @Kirkz another length. :mrgreen:
It's twice the potato I'd have, plus there's the rusk in the sosjiz to add in too.

I'm gonna get my Cumberland sausage making stuff together again in the next couple of weeks, as I'm dying to slip @Kirkz another length. :mrgreen:
the question of whether or not he can take it remains however.

Darth Vader Chicken.

View attachment 323389

It was one of those roast in a bag stuffed chickens (Tesco - £3.75), and I was a bit worried that the bag or machine would go BANG, but it didn't. I'll get about 3-4 meals out of it. Butties, stir fry, and a Sunday dinner (that we'll probably have to have tomorrow). Bargain!

(The skin fell into my mouth about 30 seconds after this photo was taken).
Soup out of the carcass. Couple of carrots, onions, peppercorns, ect for the stock, should get 2 more meals out of it.

Soup out of the carcass. Couple of carrots, onions, peppercorns, ect for the stock, should get 2 more meals out of it.
Ta-da!

chicksarnie.JPG

Chickstirfry.JPG

And there's still a boobie left for my Sunday dinner. Billy Bonus.