Tonight I cooked..........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Forgive me asking, but . .

In your world, are there any contexts in which colours that aren't brown are a good thing?

Just askin'
Brown is the new green.
Brown milk isnt a good thing unless it's chocolate flavoured a'la Nesquik.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

WP_20180213_001.jpg

Shakshuka again. Managed to get the eggs to stay largely intact on this occasion rather than flowing through the whole pan like last time - must have reduced the sauce more!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Leftover mince from Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like a really good mash there. Very underrated mash potato.

Gorra idea for garlic bread using the chili sauce mentioned in the chili thread. Add to a load of extra chopped garlic and bit of melted butter, salt and pepper. Shove in a load of grated cheddar and mozzarella and mix with a wooden spoon. Spoon portions into a baguette partially sliced through, wrap in foil and into the oven at around 200C for 10-15 minutes to melt the cheese then open the foil for five minutes to toast things a bit.

Definitely on the to do list for when I get home.

Gorra idea for garlic bread using the chili sauce mentioned in the chili thread. Add to a load of extra chopped garlic and bit of melted butter, salt and pepper. Shove in a load of grated cheddar and mozzarella and mix with a wooden spoon. Spoon portions into a baguette partially sliced through, wrap in foil and into the oven at around 200C for 10-15 minutes to melt the cheese then open the foil for five minutes to toast things a bit.

Definitely on the to do list for when I get home.

Sounds lovely, may I suggest some of this on standby. One shot under the tongue should do it...

4D2FA01A-1E02-46CF-B035-4491EC044392.png

That bloody rabbit left his scoff here again :)

IMG_0482.JPG

How many times are you going to turn that bowl around to take a pic from a different angle? :)
As many as it takes to be able to look my doctor in the eye and not get a silent bollocking. Again. :)

Nowt wrong with a good salad*

I still have fond memories of a generous Nicoise served up at a café in Bourg St Maurice, nearly a decade ago.
------
*On a hot day - I couldn't look at one in this fackin' 'orrible weather . . . this a time for brown food.
It's in the 50s today, 60s yesterday. We're getting there. I'll be mailing my beard to @supermatelot soon :)

No pic, and not strickly cooking but giving a hand who is doing a tuna pasta bake. So dinner will be my first meal of the day! And planning on having a glass of Oyster Bay with that....

I'm in the doghouse - managed to buy men's aftershave instead of women's perfume.

Tonight's efforts

Smoked salmon
20180214_183848_resized.jpg

Pan fried pork
20180214_191618_resized.jpg

Crepes
20180214_200928_resized_1.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm in the doghouse - managed to buy men's aftershave instead of women's perfume.

Tonight's efforts

Smoked salmon
View attachment 322300

Pan fried pork
View attachment 322301

Crepes
View attachment 322303
Managed to dodge the Valentines pressy malarky, took her to see Cirque de Soleil "Ovo", followed by dinner in town, her main was Bouillabaisse and mine was Steak Frites with salad, steak was perfectly cooked, no pics though as it wasnt brown enough for @Kirkz as there was greenery, reddery and whitery involved in the salad.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk