Tonight I cooked..........

That hairy bugger has reminded me I have a load of warthog ham in the fridge in my room. Might grab a couple of slices before hitting the sack with a book and a cuppa.

Caulicheese, sliced spuds in lamb stock and milk and a little bit of a lamb joint. All done in the Darth.

lamb.JPG

Tune in tomorrow for more Magical Mystery Fridge and Cupboard Surprises.

Boiling up a chicken carcass. Not sure what to do with the result yet but I hate waste.
Will probably turn into chicken & sweetcorn soup or something.

2018-02-13 20.53.12.jpg

Boiling up a chicken carcass. Not sure what to do with the result yet but I hate waste.
Will probably turn into chicken & sweetcorn soup or something.

View attachment 322093
Not pretty, but as you say a soup or chicken stock would be a result. I've posted before that I could get almost a week of dinners from a xl chicken when I was on my own. If there's two of you , then at least three dinners fronm a chicken. i've young colleagues who moan about having no money to go out, yet they buy M&S ready meals or other supermarket pre prepared items (like soup!) they clearly don't cook. If I get any of them in Secret Santa, I buy them a Mary Berry book!

Chicken & sweetcorn soup it is..phots in a bit after I can be arsed getting egg whites.

yet they buy M&S ready meals or other supermarket pre prepared items (like soup!) they clearly don't cook. If I get any of them in Secret Santa, I buy them a Mary Berry book!
I am a swine like that - f-ing lazy to actually cook, since the last few months. Doesn't help that I need to do it for just myself now. I actually used to be half decent (with some specific dishes, some others with random blend of improvisations), but change in circumstances, jobs etc., meant that lately (say 6 odd months) I've barely touched the stove or even my lazy slow cooker which I used to use it a lot for slow cooked meat stews, soups and stuff like that.

Doesn't help that my bloody appetite has dropped crazy to maybe one meal a day -sometimes none- just don't feel like eating anymore. Went to the doc today for some related stuff, she couldn't believe how thin I looked compared to the last time she saw me a few months ago. I actually went to H&M to get a couple of pairs of new jeans since my current ones fall down while going through airport security, if I don't tuck them with a t-shirt, a shirt and a hoodie. I went from a size 36/38 (U.S) to 30 (U.K - as I found out today). Have a 12 hr trip back home to the U.S. coming up in a few days.

Anyways, enough of my sob story.

But all the stuff you guys post online are very delicious looking and inspiring for people like me.

/sorry for all the OT boring stuff

Last edited:
I am a swine like that - f-ing lazy to actually cook, since the last few months. Doesn't help that I need to do it for just myself now. I actually used to be half decent (with some specific dishes, some others with random blend of improvisations), but change in circumstances, jobs etc., meant that lately (say 6 odd months) I've barely touched the stove or even my lazy slow cooker which I used to use it a lot for slow cooked meat stews, soups and stuff like that.

Doesn't help that my bloody appetite has dropped crazy to maybe one meal a day -sometimes none- just don't feel like eating anymore. Went to the doc today for some related stuff, she couldn't believe how thin I looked compared to the last time she saw me a few months ago. I actually went to H&M to get a couple of pairs of new jeans since my current ones fall down while going through airport security, if I don't tuck them with a t-shirt, a shirt and a hoodie. I went from a side 36/38 (U.S) to 30 (U.K - as I found out today). Have a 12 hr trip back home to the U.S. coming up in a few days.

But all the stuff you guys post online are very delicious looking and inspiring for people like me.

Don't apologise. You've seen your Doc , and that's great , she can do the usual work
ups to try to eliminate any physical reasons as to the reason for your lack of appetite. Your last sentence should be encouraging for you - give something simple a go.

Doesn't help that my bloody appetite has dropped crazy to maybe one meal a day -sometimes none- just don't feel like eating anymore. Went to the doc today for some related stuff, she couldn't believe how thin I looked compared to the last time she saw me a few months ago. I actually went to H&M to get a couple of pairs of new jeans since my current ones fall down while going through airport security, if I don't tuck them with a t-shirt, a shirt and a hoodie. I went from a size 36/38 (U.S) to 30 (U.K - as I found out today). Have a 12 hr trip back home to the U.S. coming up in a few days.

You went to the USA and came back thinner?

You could be the next BIG THING in diet fads.

Quit whinging. Get writing.

No-ones getting any thinner in my little bit of the USA tonight. It’s bring-a-dish Church dinner this evening. I did three small pork loins, garlic-spiked, rubbed and smoked for a couple hours this afternoon.

3F964F83-9349-432F-B32F-FA003A121A22.jpeg

Don't apologise. You've seen your Doc , and that's great , she can do the usual work
ups to try to eliminate any physical reasons as to the reason for your lack of appetite. Your last sentence should be encouraging for you - give something simple a go.
Thanks for the encouraging comment. She was very sympathetic, requested I actually force myself to eat even tiny quantities (fatty bits even - believe it or not), every few hours. Let's see what happens - in the end, it's my job to make it happen. There's only so much support you can get from people around you (and online), the onus is on me. But I definitely am skin and bones now.