Tonight I cooked..........

It's time for some help from those who can please folks. I have decided to get myself a bread maker as I'm a bit fed up with my local bakery often not having the bread I want (and prefer).

Any advice and/or recommendations would be welcome.

It's time for some help from those who can please folks. I have decided to get myself a bread maker as I'm a bit fed up with my local bakery often not having the bread I want (and prefer).

Any advice and/or recommendations would be welcome.
Were it I, I would get a cheap one from a charity shop for next to nothing and see if you like using it. If you do, then my advice would be to strongly consider a stand mixer as a next step from that. Much more flexible, larger loaves can be made etc. The only thing it won't do is automatically bake the bread. Which means the paddle's not baked into the bread - a good thing.

Were it I, I would get a cheap one from a charity shop for next to nothing and see if you like using it. If you do, then my advice would be to strongly consider a stand mixer as a next step from that. Much more flexible, larger loaves can be made etc. The only thing it won't do is automatically bake the bread. Which means the paddle's not baked into the bread - a good thing.
That's an idea, thanks. Certainly seems to make more sense than the other usual silly submissions.

You need to buy yourself a @Roadster280 . Other posters seem to be getting pretty good, but he’s the one for consistent loaves.. ;)
How kind :)

I would love to make some lofty statement about being above being bought etc, but it's not true. I'm in sales. Everything has its price, including me :)

Lifetime supply of Wobbly for me and a free account at Agent Provocateur for my wife ought to do it :)

If you're making a huge pan of spaghetti sauce don't add half a tube of tomato and chilli puree you found in a skip behind Home Bargains while thinking " nah it won't be hot " .

Wear a headband to stop the sweat getting in your eyes if you have.

I sliced the ham up today. Got the bone in the pot for soup. $5 for all this and last night's meal. Winner!

IMG_2343.JPG

Bread maker thread?
Bread thread please.

Breadmakers are OK, but are limiting. It's like limiting a pie thread to store-bought frozen ones only.

If you're making a huge pan of spaghetti sauce don't add half a tube of tomato and chilli puree you found in a skip behind Home Bargains while thinking " nah it won't be hot " .

Wear a headband to stop the sweat getting in your eyes if you have.
If you boil too much water, you can always freeze it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That's an idea, thanks. Certainly seems to make more sense than the other usual silly submissions.
Just make sure it's not from OXFAM. After what's just been unveiled about the goings on in their shops you can't be too careful. There are plenty of other charity shops out there and they are a kneading lot.

Do it by hand. Dead easy and takes five minutes. Shove in a big freezer bag and chuck in a corner of the kitchen to prove. Don't seal the bag so the expanding dough has somewhere to go.

Beer bread recipe on here somewhere but nothing stopping you playing around with it to add sun dried tomato, bacon, cheese, etc. Lob in some ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar and a handful of sultanas and candied citrus peel for a hot cross bun type loaf.

Just make sure it's not from OXFAM. After what's just been unveiled about the goings on in their shops you can't be too careful. There are plenty of other charity shops out there and they are a kneading lot.
It's good to see you rising to the occasion.