Tonight I cooked..........

If you're making a huge pan of spaghetti sauce don't add half a tube of tomato and chilli puree you found in a skip behind Home Bargains while thinking " nah it won't be hot " .

Wear a headband to stop the sweat getting in your eyes if you have.
If you boil too much water, you can always freeze it.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That's an idea, thanks. Certainly seems to make more sense than the other usual silly submissions.
Just make sure it's not from OXFAM. After what's just been unveiled about the goings on in their shops you can't be too careful. There are plenty of other charity shops out there and they are a kneading lot.

Do it by hand. Dead easy and takes five minutes. Shove in a big freezer bag and chuck in a corner of the kitchen to prove. Don't seal the bag so the expanding dough has somewhere to go.

Beer bread recipe on here somewhere but nothing stopping you playing around with it to add sun dried tomato, bacon, cheese, etc. Lob in some ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar and a handful of sultanas and candied citrus peel for a hot cross bun type loaf.

Just make sure it's not from OXFAM. After what's just been unveiled about the goings on in their shops you can't be too careful. There are plenty of other charity shops out there and they are a kneading lot.
It's good to see you rising to the occasion.

Meals on wheels for Mum tonight was sirloin steak, with buttery mash, butter fried mushrooms, black kale (none o' that 'cavalo nero' bolleaux...) & french beans.
I forgot to take a photo again, so here's one of Mum's arm after some incompetent spotty oik made a hash of taking a blood sample on Monday...

View attachment 321829
I'm guessing your mum is on anti-coagulants, so bruising is not necessarily down to presumed incompetence.

It's good to see you rising to the occasion.
Whichever way one slices it, charity shops do help people with little dough to put food on the table. However, with the recent OXFAM revelations proving so embarrassing, I should imagine the senior leadership will be toast.

Whichever way one slices it, charity shops do help people with little dough to put food on the table. However, with the recent OXFAM revelations proving so embarrassing, I should imagine the senior leadership will be toast.
With the number of people worldwide living on the breadline, I suspect the shennanigans of the OXFAM higher-ups is the yeast of their worries.

I'm off to kick myself to death now.