Tonight I cooked..........

It's time for some help from those who can please folks. I have decided to get myself a bread maker as I'm a bit fed up with my local bakery often not having the bread I want (and prefer).

Any advice and/or recommendations would be welcome.

It's time for some help from those who can please folks. I have decided to get myself a bread maker as I'm a bit fed up with my local bakery often not having the bread I want (and prefer).

Any advice and/or recommendations would be welcome.
Were it I, I would get a cheap one from a charity shop for next to nothing and see if you like using it. If you do, then my advice would be to strongly consider a stand mixer as a next step from that. Much more flexible, larger loaves can be made etc. The only thing it won't do is automatically bake the bread. Which means the paddle's not baked into the bread - a good thing.

Were it I, I would get a cheap one from a charity shop for next to nothing and see if you like using it. If you do, then my advice would be to strongly consider a stand mixer as a next step from that. Much more flexible, larger loaves can be made etc. The only thing it won't do is automatically bake the bread. Which means the paddle's not baked into the bread - a good thing.
That's an idea, thanks. Certainly seems to make more sense than the other usual silly submissions.

Do it by hand. Dead easy and takes five minutes. Shove in a big freezer bag and chuck in a corner of the kitchen to prove. Don't seal the bag so the expanding dough has somewhere to go.

Beer bread recipe on here somewhere but nothing stopping you playing around with it to add sun dried tomato, bacon, cheese, etc. Lob in some ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar and a handful of sultanas and candied citrus peel for a hot cross bun type loaf.

Latest Threads