Tonight I cooked..........

Tonight one I think they would eat:

View attachment 292608

Made a tomato sauce with an onion, some smoked garlic, the stalks of the coriander pictured, pancetta, a touch of sugar, & smoked paprika. Let that cook down for 40 minutes or so, then left for a bit longer while I listened to The Archers.

I then made a couple of dips in the sauce & cracked an egg into each. Gave it another six minutes or so, then got it down my grid with some of my scary chili sauce, crusty bread, & great gusto...
How did you make a tomato sauce out of that? Where is the tomato?

It's between "pedantic" and "twat" in the dictionary :)

You knew what he meant :) At least, I bloody hope so. I didn't think even Trogs were that stupid :)

Are you secretly having erm, "liaison" with @Grey_Mafia65? Every time you have a pop at me, she's there egging you on with the pleasure buttons :)

Edited to add - I've just twigged. You were a Trog, which I'd always automatically associated as driving trucks, but I'm guessing you were in fact in 79 Rly Sqn on the ambi train with the aforementioned. She went all coy on the train thread when someone mentioned doing the deed on board.

Own up, the pair of you :)

Are you secretly having erm, "liaison" with @Grey_Mafia65? Every time you have a pop at me, she's there egging you on with the pleasure buttons :)

Edited to add - I've just twigged. You were a Trog, which I'd always automatically associated as driving trucks, but I'm guessing you were in fact in 79 Rly Sqn on the ambi train with the aforementioned. She went all coy on the train thread when someone mentioned doing the deed on board.

Own up, the pair of you :)
Firstly I knew GM before either of us joined arrse, yes I was at 79 Rly Sqn but that was 81-82 long before GM joined up or went anywhere near MG.
I am and always have been a pedantic twat :D

Christ. We don't want him!

Edit: just noticed he's pre-RLC. Phew :)
Like that makes any fcuking difference whatsoever. 10 (NAAFI Bar Ruck) Regt RCT simply became 10 (NAAFI Bar Ruck) Regt RLC :)

@Kirkz - Have you ever been in a band, or played an instrument?

Mistaken identity then:

Two deaf guys walk into a pub in Burnley.
One gives his mate a twenty pound note and says:

"You get the drinks in. I'll find us a seat."
So the guy goes to the bar and orders two pints. The barman serves him and gives him two pounds change.
"What's this?" the deaf guy asks, looking at his change. "You charge nine pounds a pint in here these days?"
"Nah," the barman says. "We've got a live band in tonight. There's a £5 cover charge. You and your mate, that's a tenner."
"Live band?"
"Live band," the bartender confirms.
"What, rock and roll, Indie, hip-hop, grunge...?"
"Country and Western," the barman replies.
"Ri-ight..." the deaf guy says as he takes the drinks.
He rejoins his mate. Puts the drinks on the table.
"Where's me change?" the friend asks.
He gets handed the two quid.
"What? They charge nine quid a fuggin pint in here now do they? What's the crack?"
"They've got a band on. £5 cover charge."
"A band?"
"Oh yes."
"What? Rock n roll, Indie, hip hop, grunge?"
"Nah,"
"What then?"
"Some cûnt from Preston."

:)

Mistaken identity then:

So the guy goes to the bar and orders two pints. The barman serves him and gives him two pounds change.
"What's this?" the deaf guy asks, looking at his change. "You charge nine pounds a pint in here these days?"
"Nah," the barman says. "We've got a live band in tonight. There's a £5 cover charge. You and your mate, that's a tenner."
"Live band?"
"What? They charge nine quid a fuggin pint in here now do they? What's the crack?"
"A band?"
"Oh yes."
"Nah,"
"What then?"

OFF. OFF OFF.

Mistaken identity then:

"Live band?"
"A band?"
"Oh yes."
"Nah,"
"What then?"

That is older than I am. I've had a CD named that in my car for at least 10 years.

There's a lot on here about sea bass, I picked up one on a yellow ticket but I've never tried it before. I have a pretty good idea on how I'm going to cook it. What I want to know is does the meat come off the bone easily? Or are there lots of small bones that need picking through, because if there is it'll end up in the bin.

I posted the other day, I thought I'd try flank steak pinwheels.

Here we go then.

The unadulterated steak:

IMG_1185.jpg

Butterflied, and with muffuletta spooned on and spread out:

IMG_5937.jpg

Ham, seasoning and provolone cheese:

IMG_2585.jpg

Rolled, pinned and tied:

IMG_0680.jpg

I thought I'd taken a photo of the uncooked pinwheels, but apparently not. So here they are grilled, with some spuds:

IMG_7696.jpg

On the plate with the spuds and a few green beans:

IMG_1059.jpg

I'd never tried this kind of recipe before. We all really enjoyed it; perhaps try a different veg mix than muffuletta next time.

Last edited:
M'learned friend Roadster seems to have dived in first, but may I say a tomato sauce which also contained an onion, some smoked garlic, the stalks of the coriander pictured, pancetta, a touch of sugar, & smoked paprika...

Oh, and I must have been a bit liberal with the smoked paprika and my home made chili sauce. The world is falling out of my arrse this morning, looks like the colitis diet may need to reduce chili after all.

I posted the other day, I thought I'd try flank steak pinwheels.

Here we go then.

The unadulterated steak:

View attachment 292637

Butterflied, and with muffuletta spooned on and spread out:

View attachment 292638

Ham, seasoning and provolone cheese:

View attachment 292639

Rolled, pinned and tied:

View attachment 292640

I thought I'd taken a photo of the uncooked pinwheels, but apparently not. So here they are grilled, with some spuds:

View attachment 292641

On the plate with the spuds and a few green beans:

View attachment 292642

I'd never tried this kind of recipe before. We all really enjoyed it; perhaps try a different veg mix than muffuletta next time.
What is muffuletta? I've tried googling and all I can find is a type of sandwich.