Tonight.. Britain on film war and peace.

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by don_ten, Jan 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A look of coverage of the Cold War. British forces stationed in Berlin etc.

Bet it's like watching babe station for you old lads, all that glistening black oily plastic and long barrels, mmmmmmmm!
  2. BBC 4 2030-2100
    Nice cup of horlicks then bed lads ok?
  3. The thought of old squaddies seems to be a bit of a turn on for you. It wasn't black, frilly stuff we were talking about when discussing webbing, you know. Or maybe a 37 pattern water bottle holder with 58 pattern cross belts are what you are actually creaming your drawers, cellular over?
  4. My name's Gunnery Sergeant Deacon and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you gong clamouring numbnuts put together. Also fired an SLR, topped up my suntan and got a dose at 10dm alley.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Well that's 30 minutes of my life I won't get back, utter codswallop.
  6. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

it were shite not an SLR or noddy suit in sight .
  7. I think I saw a few SMG's and a Bren that was it..

False advertising from Aunty there like.
  8. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

I did see a few SLRs but it looked a whole lot more like Soltau than Berlin. I suppose the perception is that the British Army contributed little to the Cold War therefore not worthy of much of a mention. It was after all the poor Russians who suffered during WW2 so they made sure the Czechs and Hungarians were made to feel some of the pain along with the honourable peace loving Germans.