Tonight, BBC2, 21:00hrs, New five part TV series about SOE training and selection.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Will there be baking involved?

I'll record it and check it out at the weekend.

Right in to that one!
I'll see if I can watch it.
Taking a risky chance in guessing, it could go two ways, either high quality old school beeb or dumbed down modern beeb.

The training involved the use of the FS knife, to incapacitate someone within two seconds by stabbing the carotid artery. Not very PC by modern standards ;)

Its shite.
Low quality crap.
The people on the show were selected as diverse.............. because black people didnt stand out at all or attract attention in nazi occupied Europe

It's a fcking realty TV competition thing.
The Cops fit mind

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Carry on with the commentary, it's probably more entertaining than watching the programme.

Is that Bob Carruthers, the author, acting as the interviewing officer?

Maybe I'm trying to take this too seriously and thats why its annoying me.
The real SOE agents were brave beyond words imho, this bunch of chancers are just annoying.

Its shite.
Low quality crap.
The people on the show were selected as diverse.............. because black people didnt stand out at all or attract attention in nazi occupied Europe
Thanks for the heads up, that'll save me time at the weekend.

it's all right the CO is an arrser

What do people reckon?
I did a Serbo-Croat language course at gchq in the early 90s.

One of the tutors was an elderly gent, very English, who'd been SOE with the Partisans.

Only sat with him over a beer once, quite the fund of stories.

Be very interested in the series, I'll see if it jogs my memory about his stories.