Tonight BBC 1 21 15 The Last Night Of The Proms

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by the_boy_syrup, Sep 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Possibly the only chance that you will get to see people singing Rule Brittania and Land of Hope and Glory on the BBC

This could also be one of the few times that you will see The Union Flag being waved with out some fukcer whinging about how its a symble of slavery et al

Go on sing along raise the volume and be PROUD TO BE BRITISH

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Oh mummy that mans scary

3. I feel cheated. I watched this last year because it was the last night and now it's on again. BBC repeats. :D

4. Singing along to Land of Hope and Glory now.
    In a loud tuneless manner I should add

5. is it churlish to note the absolute lack of union flags in swansea and glasgow? The conductor went on a bit...

6. Lack of diversity, it will get the chop. What's with the pink Union Flag???

7. Makes you want to climb the rigging of HMS Victory and shout yarboo sucks to you (insert enemy here).

I noticed a fair few towards the back of the crowd

[Whinge mode] i don't see why foreign flags should be shown, its a british event and I believe only UK flag should be flown, i saw a gay pride one FFS. Wrong. [/Whinge mode]

Hurrah for Britain and long live Queen and Empire!

8. Interesting to see the sea of white faces in all the venues. From what the BBC usually shows I thought that UK must be at least 50% black. Also, most of the people I saw were of a reasonable shape - not at all like the picture of an obese nation which the government tries to sell us. As for the pink union flag, I'm surprised that nobody shoved the flagpole in the appropriate orifice.

9. Is it over? - just got in from the pub full of an excessive amount of real ale!

10. Went on a bit ! . I drank 4 pints waiting for him to stop waffling .

11. Made some good points though: but I agree, much too long.
    Who does he remind you of? I got a bit of Norman Wisdom/Charlie Drake.

12. He reminded me of Rik Mayall

13. Because these people are proud to associate with us perhaps and, dare I say it, because this event is about the everyman of this green and pleasant land going there and saying, if even for one night only, 'I am British and bally well proud!'?

They could fly the flag of the cheese-eating moon people for all I care. They're in our country singing our songs and pounding along to our national anthem and, best of all, they paid us money to do it! Now *that* is the spirit of Empire that these events remember!

Brings a tear to the eye.

God Save the Queen, indeed :)

14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Few comments:

a) It was wonderful, marvelous and very British

b) Redcap the pink Union Flag is apparantly Gay Britain

c) C_C I think the other countries flags were good, and rather amused to see the Vatican flag right at the front. If other nations are there, we are edumacating them!!!

d) Barb - the conductor might have gone on a bit but no more than others and his comments about singing & music in schools were spot on.

e) Where was the soloist for Rule Britania????

f) See a) - no dry eyes in this house :)

15. anyone in advertising in the house? fabulous idea for a campaign - patriotism keeps you fit :D