TomTom XL Live

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by terroratthepicnic, Feb 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I have the TomTom XL live edition, but some how the screen has managed to crack. Because it is outside the warrenty period, I am unable to just get it replaced for free.

Does anyone know where I could get it fixed at a reasonable price?

2. G o o g l e ?

3. China, probably. Failing that, byte the bullet and buy a new one, these things only ever get cheaper. You might fetch a few quid if you flog it on flea bay. Additional bonus if it is indeed a 'Live' version: Another year of free 'live' service.

4. Can you give him directions to the place? His satnav's fucked.

• Like Like x 3
  5. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

6. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

It may or may not influence your decisions - but if you bought a new one you'd get the new map packs too.

Our 4 year old TomTom is rapidly becoming useless due to all the road changes.
    An update to the European map pack through TomTom's software was c£90 whereas a brand new TomTom is £160 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0024NL1H2/?tag=armrumser-21

7. Somewhere there are some free downloads. Did mine late last year. lost the link though.

8. surely you are a switched on cookie and have 'new for old' kit insurance - therefore for the price of your excess you will get a nice new shiny one - the latest and greatest equivalent model with a year of free updates.

works for me.