Tommy Robinson arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough but it's just a shame that the legal professions, the police and the judiciary, didn't take such vigorous action when the Islamic hate preachers were out on the streets tub-thumping.
Ah 'whataboutism' - doesn't matter what anyone else did, he broke the rules, he pays the price

(I'm wondering whether his custody extends little more than the duration of the trial he was doorstepping for instance).
Quite possibly. If it's true he's been sentenced to 13 months then in addition to that he'll have the 3 months from the suspended sentence added for a total of 16 month.

Automatically serve half as custodial so that's 8 months in the nick. However, there may well be a case for him to be released on Home Detention Curfew (HDC), that's an ankle tag, at a much earlier point.

The guidelines are thus: http://library.college.police.uk/docs/homisc/pg1homedetention.pdf

That says for anyone serving a custodial sentence of between 8 months and 4 years the HDC period is 60 days less than half the sentence.

Therefore it would be 8 months minus 60 days to give him an HDC eligibility date. So in effect the minimum he could serve in prison would be 6 months. Iirc it's be somewhere like end September until the other trials are finished.

Ah 'whataboutism' - doesn't matter what anyone else did, he broke the rules, he pays the price
No 'whataboutism' in defence of him or his actions. You'll note, if you look again, that I said it was fair enough.

I seem to recall plenty of news outlets posting pictures of "suspects" etc in the past, Were these journalists charged with suspended sentences and then jailed when they continue to report and tell the truth.
Indeed the paparazzi culture seems to embrace exactly what Tommy has been doing in recent years.
How many photos and name dropping of the un-convicted has been reported by journalists in the past? You can't even begin to think of a number high enough.
As we see quite often these days, "guilty by media" is even an accepted practice by some, when it suits them of course.

Complete double standards.

Media blackouts, being arrested for cracking jokes, being arrested for "hate speech", being arrested for reporting what the mainstream should be reporting on, The court deciding the context of words, the hallmarks of a police state.

What people see and what they are told to believe are two ends of the spectrum.
The coming shooting in the foot the establishment are brewing for themselves is beyond comprehension.
People seem to be too busy calling each other the fascists to see who the real fascists are.

Oh yeah, And then there is this.......

It's Interesting to me he posted that interview online on the Thursday 24th May, The day before his arrest.

You are being redirected...

Some of his interviews must be toe-curling for the establishment, He reports on what we see and not what we are told. He is indeed the "Enemy of the State".

No 'whataboutism' in defence of him or his actions. You'll note, if you look again, that I said it was fair enough.
You said 'fair enough if........' not fair enough if.....' doesn't matter what anyone else did or didn't do

Look, Right-wing thug broke his bail conditions and went back to pokey - what's your problem with that? Would you be complaining if it was Abdul Bin-Linea from the ISIS4UK organisation getting recalled for doing the same? If not, why not? Makes it look as if you've got double standards.....

Now excuse me, I've got to go and discuss this with the KGBs

MH17: Russia 'liable' for downing airliner over Ukraine

Last edited:
Look, Right-wing thug broke his bail conditions and went back to pokey - what's your problem with that? Would you be complaining if it was Abdul Bin-Linea from the ISIS4UK organisation getting recalled for doing the same? If not, why not? Makes it look as if you've got double standards.....

Now excuse me, I've got to go and discuss this with the KGBs

BUT, BUT TOMMY SPEAKS THE TRUTH TO AUTHORITY!

Except when he's making Mortgage applications it seems.

Yeah. Because it's a common occurrence in this country to arrest someone, and take them immediately before a judge isn't it?

Where Contempt has been committed "Within the Precincts of the Court" then it is a not unprecedented occurrence. I won't say it's a common occurrence because most people have more sense than to try to interfere with an ongoing trial by shouting prejudicial slurs against the defendants.

Consider if one Ho2331 was arrested on charges related to racism and a bunch of UAF camped out at his trial chanting "Fascist f-wit". Now he may be a fascist f-wit jut as the defendants in the case may be pederasts and Muslims but he won't get a fair trial under those circumstances.

Look, Right-wing thug broke his bail conditions and went back to pokey - what's your problem with that? Would you be complaining if it was Abdul Bin-Linea from the ISIS4UK organisation getting recalled for doing the same? If not, why not? Makes it look as if you've got double standards...

It's why he was given a suspended sentence in the first place that I make the claim of double standards.

Right wing thug....Usual wibble....oh please.

That's fair enough but it's just a shame that the legal professions, the police and the judiciary, didn't take such vigorous action when the Islamic hate preachers were out on the streets tub-thumping.

The important words there being "out on the streets" and not "outside a court where there is a trial ongoing".

Right wing thug....Usual wibble....oh please.
So he's not a convicted right-wing thug then? Better tell the police their records are wrong - anyway you didn't answer the question....would you be as quick to defend someone from 'the other side?'

He was well aware of that and clarified it with one of the coppers outside as to where the limits of the court was he was even carefull to constantly walk up and down so that he could not be accused of obstructing the footway or whatever the charge would be.
Are you normally to be found in a football pub 8 pints in at this point on a Saturday?

Clad in Stone Island and Burberry which manages to conceal most of your shite tattoos.

Because most of Tommy 'the peepuls 'ero' Robinson supporters fit that description.

Some of his interviews must be toe-curling for the establishment, He reports on what we see and not what we are told. He is indeed the "Enemy of the State".
I'm embarrassed for you.

Would you prefer that the defence lawyers could argue that their defendants were unable to get a fair trial due to the actions of Robinson?

The important words there being "out on the streets" and not "outside a court where there is a trial ongoing".
I thought that the obvious differences were that Robinson was outside of a court, and under clauses not to do what he did outside of a court.
The important words perhaps related to the fact the preachers were preaching a religion in a country that guarantees freedom to practice religion.
Religion is often a bit of a hefty bargaining tool with the law, whether it's muslims desturbing non muslims by calling or public preaching or Christians instisting B and Q can only trade for six hours on a Sunday :)

I think you will find that it was for the sentencing of guilty verdicts against a pedophile CSE gang... the trial then, having been concluded ?
I think you'll find that you're wrong, see the link from @Garhwal

JUDGE NORTON: Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, you can remain seated. Thank you very much. Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, on 8th May of this year in the course of ongoing proceedings for allegations of rape faced by four defendants at this court, that trial still in fact being in progress, you attended, together with another, and carried out some filming.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/coc-yaxley-lennon-20170522.pdf

He's a twat who tries to influence the course of cases and in doing so makes the chance of a conviction harder. It's that simple.

You said 'fair enough if........' not fair enough if.....' doesn't matter what anyone else did or didn't do
I did not say if, you're making it up. Read it again and quote the bit where I said if.

What you are doing is reading my post and interpreting it in your mind in a different way to what I meant.

It seems to me that you are intent on an argument and to mash the keyboard because 'someone on the internet is wrong'.

Good luck with that 'cos I'm not going to play.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I thought that the obvious differences were that Robinson was outside of a court, and under clauses not to do what he did outside of a court.
If only there were some...thing...I suppose, maybe located in his head, possibly grey and composed of cells, that would have alerted him to the fact that this was a spectacularly cretinous thing to do?

Except when he's making Mortgage applications it seems.
As far as I understand he lent 20k to his brother in law. It was the brother in law who then told porkies about his earnings on a self certification mortgage. Murky, but hardly justifies the level of police attention this attracted, it is hard to escape the conclusion that the old bill were looking for anything they could find on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.