Tommy Robinson arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hazard a guess, based on....my life experience in a certain area of the UK, Labour gets its vote not because of manifesto but because: "We have always voted Labour...my dad was a labour man....Maggie..."

When you think about it its quite fecking scary. I know some well educated people who vote labour because they see it primarily as the "moralistic option". In this new age of social media, people like to virtue-signal and be seen to occupy supposed moral high ground. I think labour still believe they occupy this.
I find it amusing to confront various people with certain opinions/dichotomies and the cognitive dissonance is a delight to behold!
I'm having fun with the anti-semite labour thing at present with a distant family member.... If I play the holocaust card then she suddenly has other things to do...
The grooming gangs thing is also amusing to confront them with...playing the Jack Straw Blackburn card.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
You seem to think that I have contempt for Robinson.
Not you specifically, though as a generalisation you'd have to be fairly blind not to hear the cat calls of, "But he's a nasty man!" and therefore does not deserve his equality under the law.

I'm guessing that we agree this is political correctness, and that those who are deemed to be not politically correct are deemed safe and easy targets by the baying mob.

Now what part of the above words do you disagree with?
I'm crediting him with having had legal advice as to what constitutes a breach of his conditions. He was certainly very conscious of them. Even confirmed them earlier with the same coppers who later arrested him for breaching the peace.

I'm not arguing or disagreeing that he toed a tight line, he said so himself.

However, and this is the take home, legalistic arguments about whether he set a foot upon the lowest step or arguably transgressed this or that are largely pointless. He knew the rules and bent over backwards not to transgress them.

Yet he was arrested for breaching the peace. He did not.

I think your intentions here are honourable, though I think you need to rethink it.

The sanctity of the court's judgement is a ******* thin excuse for what happened. Especially given that the session was for a verdict.

Argue technical details or legalisms all you like, as it's clear that the law was not and is not being applied equally. The victims didn't get the same benefit, for sure, the abusers did and more so. Because it would be politically incorrect to expose the industrial scale of the abuse.

If the police, social services and courts had displayed the same zeal for the law when 4500 children were being raped then Robinson wouldn't have been there in the first place.

If anyone has shown contempt for the law it is the authorities and they have magnified that by jailing Robinson.

This is an equality under the law issue. Arguably the founding principle of our country with Magna Carta. Certainly the founding principle of Western liberalism.

Don't shoot the messenger!

I come in peace.

All this to'ing and fro'ing with Tommy is irrelevant really. He isn't the problem here. He is just the fountainhead for many people's frustrations in this country. People who are cowed down by draconian laws that the Police are only too happy to apply.

I'm on the side of the Police. I respect them. We need them. Keep this in mind when I say what I say.

There is a feeling among the populace of this country that the Police no longer represent the people. That they have just become bully boys for those that hold the higher power. It's easy to see how this comes about. Jobs and pensions are at risk. You can't just say "No I'm not going to do that" without losing your job, or even worse, losing the respect of your mates that fight the front line with you against the rest of the scum.

It's a fine balancing act. I don't know, but I believe most of you went in to this job to make this country a better place, to maintain order. This is a noble pursuit. I lost patience with people who blindly hate the Police - oh they were bullied in school! Whatever. Most people are ******* idiots. And lord knows we have enough scum in this country. Maybe not all of them with the balls to actually go 'rogue' and cause problems, but many who will just mouth off, because they can.

These idiots have always existed. The job of the Police has always been a difficult one.

But there is a sea change happening. Tommy is just a small catalyst for this. The people who make the higher decisions are the greater catalyst. They are stoking the fire.

Repeatedly, the Police are getting warnings from the public: Look, we don't hate you, we just want you to do your job. If you keep protecting those that attack us then we will have to take the law in to our own hands. You do not rule by divine grace, no matter what the badge says. And if you stop us from policing our own communities then we will have to start policing you as well.

Sure, the Police have weapons. They have back up. But they are losing the hearts and minds of the average man.

They have stopped investigating crimes where people have their hard-earned possessions robbed. They have stopped preventing serious damage to life and limb, where it does not suit them (see the four kids that were burned alive recently because the Police decided to take no further action).

We get it. You are provoking us. You want to see us at our boiling point. We don't want to go to war with you. You have weapons at the end of the day. But then again, we are more in number, and we are more incensed and ready to die for what we believe in.

I speak in the third party. Don't shoot the messenger. Read the comments on youtube. This is the Zeitgeist you face at the moment as an officer of the law, or whatever you call yourselves. You have authority. No one disputes that.

Do not be so dismissive of those that follow Tommy. Forget about Tommy. I'm sure he's just another charlatan and plant put out there to cause discontent. Or maybe he's not. Maybe he's genuine.

But the people have latched on to him, in the total absence of anyone else that dare stick their head above the parapet.

I'm not sure if you realise just how much this country rests on a knife edge at the moment. Forget the meat head baldy tattooed skinheads. It's the average man you need to worry about.

"Beware the fury of a patient man".

People are sick to the back teeth of being told what they can and can't say, what they can and can't think. Meanwhile, criminals are allowed free reign. The Police choose when and where to enforce the laws. This is called Anarcho-Tyranny. The laws are many but selectively enforced to the pleasure of those that don't only rule over us, but would choose to control us down to the last degree.

The cat is out of the bag. The internet is not going away. You can make as many gag orders as you want, but it only enrages people more when they feel they are being lied to, or worse, being deprived of information.

Don't shoot the messenger. I understand why this is done. The mob is never a pretty thing to deal with. And the more that situation can be kept from coming about the better.

There is a massive mob at hand at the moment. Dismiss them. Mock them. Pretend they don't exist. Question their motives. They will still be there in the morning when you wake, and they will need to be dealt with.

The public do have massive respect for the Police, believe it or not. But even they will not hold out much longer while the Police enforce petty and corrupt laws. And when there is little point in calling the Police because you have had your house burgled, or your person mugged...

This is all worst case scenario of course. I'm painting a pretty bad picture of it all. Things aren't that bad yet. But next week? Next month?

Forget about Tommy. But then again, realise he's become a bit of a demi-god. Dismiss him at your peril. He's not any more racist than a lot of the darker skinned folk in Brixton. And I say this as someone that can go drinking in the Angel on Coldharbour Lane. The moment I walk in there is the moment I start getting shit. Until the landlady comes out and says "leave him alone". Then it's all good. Racism comes in many flavours.

This isn't about racism. It's not about colour.

It might be about politics though, and that is why the Sikh community is getting involved. All kinds of cans of worms being opened up. But who am I to say who can and can not have a right to voice their opinion here in this great country of ours?

So many angles, so much complexity. But let's save the nuances for later.

There are a lot of extremely pissed off people in this country.

At least listen to what they have to say.

And don't shoot the messenger who comes in peace.

Most of us in this country want to make things work. We don't want a race war. We don't want riots with the police. We don't want to have to resort to even worse things again. Rhetorically speaking.

Is there anyone out there that will at least listen?

Much of what you have written is worth thinking of but for brevity I choose this.

"Beware the fury of a patient man".

Most of us in this country want to make things work. We don't want a race war. We don't want riots with the police. We don't want to have to resort to even worse things again. Rhetorically speaking.

Is there anyone out there that will at least listen?

I think you are probably of the same mindset as 'Douglas Murray'... Many in the UK be they 'Tommy Robinson' supports or not are in agreement with what 'Douglas Murray' has been saying about why 'Tommy Robinson' exists.

You guys can go on about how he is "such a racist etc" but in my hometown I have to walk my girlfriends disabled mother around the corner to her mums so she doesnt get abuse and called a white bitch etc., I have to meet my girlfriend at the bus stop and walk back to hers with her as it's dark and many rapes happen.

That beware the fury of a patient man works both ways you know.

It is terribly odd how many people I met whilst I was in who were convinced that they knew he truth and better than anyone else and thus the law did not apply or hey could justify doing what they liked*.

At such times, I ternd to remind people of The Bluetones wise comment

And that man who would save us,
From the hurt the world brings,
Neglected to mention,
Who would save us from him?
*And Not all were ACPO bell-ends.

In order for a suspended sentence to become active you have to commit another offence (or breach other terms). The judge in the May 2017 case said as much.
He was arrested for breach of the peace. I've put the points to prove on the thread. I'll leave you to connect the dots.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
His suspended sentence was one of 3 months only, where did the other 10 months come from if not the "Breach of the peace, so therefore he must have been charged.
Who says he's been jailed for 13 months?
Not me, he got 3 months for the suspended, 9 months for contempt of court and one month for breach of the peace, that adds up to 13 months but I never said he was jailed for 13 months.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not me, he got 3 months for the suspended, 9 months for contempt of court and one month for breach of the peace, that adds up to 13 months but I never said he was jailed for 13 months.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Where is that sentence outlined? I can genuinely find nothing.

Now what part of the above words do you disagree with?
The judge stating that "This is not about legitimate journalism" implies that had TR's actions been considered "legitimate journalism" he would not have been arrested. A value judgement has been made (and fair enough), but in many ways I'd trust TR's word over, say, The Guardian, when it comes to the types of matters that are before the court.

What exactly does constitute "legitimate journalism" these days?

I would hazard a guess, based on....my life experience in a certain area of the UK, Labour gets its vote not because of manifesto but because: "We have always voted Labour...my dad was a labour man....Maggie..."
A friend of my wife is a corporate lawyer, she's married to one of London's top QC's, owns a nice house in Chelsea, has a country estate too, her kids in private school, two nannies........and she votes Labour because "it's in her roots and would go against the grain not to".

Weird.

Medic_Cop22

On ROPS
On ROPs
Good lad, stands up for what he believes in, and I would rather have him in a trench along side me than you.
I love when walty cnuts like you get all brave, so adorable.

I’m sure you and all 5ft8 of wee tommy (Stevie) would be a force to be reckoned with.

Hopefully no opportunities come up for this two man trench fighting unit to go to the states- as in September 2012 Robinson pretended to be gammon tinged
Andrew McMaster – a friend he bore some resemblance to – so he could illegally enter the states. He can’t travel there because he’s been convicted of possessing a Class A drug.

But I have high hopes for you two warriors. Like a pied-pier, Robinson can lure lager louts from whetherspoons to the streets, where they bare their fabby torso’s for Britain.

Good luck in the trenches oppo.

Last edited:

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
I am a journalist, you provide fake news, he is a far right violent thug agitating against the weak and defenceless criminal justice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.