Tommy Robinson arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but if you want to speculate, then why not suggest that the judge's brother-in-law is a convicted rapist of subcontinental extraction and said judge took offence to his sister's family being inconvenienced?

See how easy it is to make shit up?
- Well the balance of probabilities rules that suggestion out, so it didn't even spring to mind.

- I wasn't speculating anything at all. I was making the point that no one posting comments were in court yet they were all quick to say one thing or another.

- This person going by the alias Tommy Robinson is well known for gobbing off.

- Many people posting in this thread have either made things up, or have made errors, probably by not reading through the earlier posts and the links provided.

- For example, many posters keep referring to him being banged up for 13 months. Well, 1 month for Disturbing the peace, 3 months for the original sentence and 9 months for this new contempt, but all running concurrently = just 9 months. He will probably serve less than that because convicts generally do.

- Other people find it easy to make shit up; but I don't.

- While I'm back at the keyboard, I shall continue. Stephen spoke on his "live stream" about the 29 "defendants" (feel free to replace that term with any description you care to use) who cannot be tried at one sitting and therefore have to be tried in batches. Well it doesn't take much brain power to realise that reporting restrictions will have to stay in place until the final batch has been tried and the verdict given. Otherwise any such reporting of an earlier batch, could possibly affect the trial of the last batch. EG, a juror might decide that "guilt by association" should apply, instead of only considering the evidence given in court.

- For all I know of this trial, earlier verdicts might have already come in; I just don't know. However, I would expect as a matter of simple common sense that the sentences won't be announced until the whole trials are finished.

- I can easily understand that this judge may consider this Stephen bloke to be a gobby mouthpiece who may very well blow the whole thing before it can finish. After all he has been clearly warned before and he did say on his live stream that he was going to go inside, expecting to hear the verdicts given.

- Notice how I have just used the "weasel words"; this judge may consider and not said that he did, in the same way that journalists keep saying alledgedly. After all, I wasn't in the court either and so I don't know this for certain. I am just forming a reasonable opinion based on what is known.

- So I am not making shit up.

Tommy Robinson's character is irrelevant.

What is clear to me is that the authorities have really fucked up here.
For the sake of asking, what is clear to you?
Robinson was previously warned that if he carried out certain actions he would be arrested and returned to prison.
He carried out those actions, was arrested and returned to prison.

For the same reason that 99% of any other court transcripts are not released in to the public domain.
The public generally trust the courts to do the right thing. And unless, there is some sort of national outcry and demand for the release of the transcripts then I can't see why they would be released. As much as I would like to see them.
Apply as @Poppy said Apply for a transcript of a court or tribunal hearing

They'd refuse for spook stuff and the like. If you get a refusal they'd have to give you a reason. Remember that you can have multiple trials from a single case so that would be a valid reason, one still being in appeal or similar.

He isn't on the steps.... Though frankly if you think him being arrested for breaching the peace an hour or so after that even if he had set a toenail on the lowest step....

As I say I can only think that the perspective is skewed due to a contempt for the man himself. If you accept that only those who are politically correct have the rights supposedly applying to all of us then there is nothing to discuss.

We aren't going to agree.

Those who have a vested interest in seeing someone they don't like locked up will happily turn white into black to justify it.

Personally I think the continuing victims of Child Sexual Exploitation are a more important campaigning point than the sanctity of the courts.
How is him prejudicing a case going to help victims of child sexual exploitation?

He isn't on the steps.... Though frankly if you think him being arrested for breaching the peace an hour or so after that even if he had set a toenail on the lowest step....

As I say I can only think that the perspective is skewed due to a contempt for the man himself. If you accept that only those who are politically correct have the rights supposedly applying to all of us then there is nothing to discuss.

We aren't going to agree.

Those who have a vested interest in seeing someone they don't like locked up will happily turn white into black to justify it.

Personally I think the continuing victims of Child Sexual Exploitation are a more important campaigning point than the sanctity of the courts.
You seem to think that I have contempt for Robinson. I have no idea where you are getting this notion from. I actually have some respect for what he has been doing with regard to campaigning and trying to bring the problems he saw in Luton to wider public attention. I've watched a few videos of his. Lots of people will automatically call him a racist because they read it in the guardian or heard a fellow lefty repeat the mantra. Anyone who has any knowledge knows that's not true.

Again I've got no idea where you are getting the idea that I'm politically correct or believe that only PC people should have rights. If you knew me or just knew my posting history on this site you'd know full well I despise political correctness.

Lastly the very reason why we have laws in this country regarding what you can and can't do regarding courts and trials is to ensure that victims of child sexual exploitation can get justice. Robinson, by his actions could potentially derail this trial. I don't see how that is getting justice for the victim.

I'll quote the judge Norton again because she says it better than I can and this is from the horses mouth so to speak:

This contempt hearing is not about free speech. This is not about the freedom of the press. This is
not about legitimate journalism; this is not about political correctness; this is not about whether one
political viewpoint is right or another. It is about justice, and it is about ensuring that a trial can be
carried out justly and fairly. It is about ensuring that a jury are not in any way inhibited from carrying
out their important function. It is about being innocent until proven guilty.

It is not about people prejudging a situation and going round to that court and publishing material, whether in print or online, referring to defendants as "Muslim paedophile rapists". A legitimate journalist would not be able to do that and under the strict liability rule there would be no defence to publication in those terms. It
is pejorative language which prejudges the case, and it is language and reporting - if reporting indeed is
what it is - that could have had the effect of substantially derailing the trial.

As I have already indicated, because of what I knew was going on I had to take avoiding action in order to make sure that the integrity of this trial was preserved, that justice was preserved and that the trial could continue to completion without people being intimidated into reaching conclusions about it, or into being affected by "irresponsible and inaccurate reporting". If something of the nature of that which you put out on
social media had been put into the mainstream press I would have been faced with applications from the
advocates concerned, I have no doubt, to either say something specific to the jury, or worse, to abandon
the trial and to start again. That is the kind of thing that actions such as these can and do have, and
that is why you have been dealt with in the way in which you have and why I am dealing with this case
with the seriousness which I am.
https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/coc-yaxley-lennon-20170522.pdf

Now what part of the above words do you disagree with?

Tommy Robinson's character is irrelevant.

What is clear to me is that the authorities have really fucked up here.
Shoulda gone to Specksavers.

Any link to something that shows TR mouthing off before a Judge?
No. None. There aren't any.

I wrote earlier that no one was in court to hear what was said in the court. I know we have seen video of what was said and what happened outside the court. But not from inside the courtroom.

My comment was to suggest that gobbing off to the judge is right up this Tommy Robinson's street, as he's clearly a gobby git. We don't even know if he had legal counsel inside the court to speak for him, or if he spoke for himself.

TR would have to be a complete fecking moron to deliberately get himself imprisoned for some sort of short, or even long term gain.
Messiah complex and possibly self delusion, people of other cults have starved themselves to death in prison.

Apply as @Poppy said Apply for a transcript of a court or tribunal hearing

They'd refuse for spook stuff and the like. If you get a refusal they'd have to give you a reason. Remember that you can have multiple trials from a single case so that would be a valid reason, one still being in appeal or similar.
I have to hold my hands up here, and admit that I wasn't even aware that you could apply to a court for the release of the trial transcripts of defendant A in courtroom B.
However, it stands to reason as to why certain trial transcripts may not be so readily available.

I asked another arrser to show me proof that TR mouthed off when he went before the Beak. The initial suggestion that he did, had nothing to do with me.
No, it was me.

Once again people aren't reading the earlier threads...
(not you, the other bloke Graculus)

So maybe he is smarter than we think.
I don't think he is being smart, he truly believes in what he is saying and is prepared to take the consequences, I think he has guts and I admire that.

Bore off you pedantic c*nt.

Anyway, moving on.

He’s been in and out of HM hotel like a yoyo.

Wee peaceful Tommy has encountered problems with the law on a number of occasions……

August 2010 – Robinson led a group in a fight following a football match between his home team of Luton Town and Newport County. During the fight he was heard to chant “EDL ’till I die”. Verdict – guilty of “Threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour” and he got a 12 month community rehabilitation order and banned from football matches for 3 years
September 2011 – Robinson had been banned from attending a demonstration in Tower Hamlets yet (in his usual “Law? What law?” style) he still went to it. He was arrested and went on hunger strike as he said he was a political prisoner of the state and that the meals he had been given included halal meat.
September 2011 – Robinson was convicted of assault after head butting one of his own EDL crowd during a demonstration in April 2011. For this he was given a suspended 12 week prison sentence. He claims that this had happened because a Neo-Nazi had joined their group and there was a confrontation.
November 2011 – Robinson was jailed for 3 days after protesting in Zurich on the roof of FIFA headquarters. This was in response to the ruling that the English football team couldn’t wear a red remembrance poppy on their shirts for a coming game. (Obviously he didn’t get far with that one).
October 2012 – After remaining out of trouble for almost a whole year Robinson was arrested after entering the USA illegally in September 2012 using another persons documentation. He was sentenced to 10 months in prison and on release in February on he was placed on a tag. After that stint in prison he was released to find that the membership had swollen but that the EDL had allowed Neo-Nazis to join up.
Robinson stepped down from his position in the EDL from October 2013. He cited that he was worried about far right extremism infiltrating groups but confirmed he still would continue to fight what he saw as Islamic extremism.
November 2012 – Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit mortgage fraud. He pleaded guilty to two counts and was sent to prison for 18 months. While in Woodhill Prison, Robinson was attacked by 3 men, which he claimed to be Muslims who prison officers had intentionally left him with. Before long he was removed from Woodhill and sent to Winchester Prison instead. It was while here that he said that he made friends with some Muslim inmates and actually spoke highly of them.
In June 2014 he was released from prison after serving 6 months of his 18 month prison sentence. He was told that he was not allowed to have contact with any members of the EDL before June 2015 however, he breached this bail conditionand was returned to prison.

This week Robinson who is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court was locked up for BoP

He was given three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.

Mong
Good lad, stands up for what he believes in, and I would rather have him in a trench along side me than you.

Jesus, don't you people understand 'contempt of court' and 'sub judice'?
TR has jepordised the case agaisnt the pakistani pedodphiles.

No. None. There aren't any.

I wrote earlier that no one was in court to hear what was said in the court. I know we have seen video of what was said and what happened outside the court. But not from inside the courtroom.

My comment was to suggest that gobbing off to the judge is right up this Tommy Robinson's street, as he's clearly a gobby git. We don't even know if he had legal counsel inside the court to speak for him, or if he spoke for himself.
So you insinuated in your post that TR had gobbed off at the Judge, purely on the basis that you believe him to be a necky twat?

Messiah complex and possibly self delusion, people of other cults have starved themselves to death in prison.
He doesn't strike me as having a 'messiah' type of personality tbh. So we'll have to disagree there. Self delusional? That's a common enough trait in many people.
I can't see TR as the type of person that would want to martyr himself.

So you insinuated in your post that TR had gobbed off at the Judge, purely on the basis that you believe him to be a necky twat?
You could say that. Almost.

I tried to write with enough care to point out that we do not know what happened in that courtroom yet. As in, we just don't know yet. And I gave an example of what might have happened by saying that for all we know he might have gobbed off at the judge. Not that he certainly did; but doing so would be in keeping with his character. Again, we just don't know what was said, what was asked, etc.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm not, and have never been a Jeremy Corbyn supporter

1) Our party based system where although you vote for your constituency MP, you vote based on a parties manifesto in general, should suppress the urge to get behind a personality rather than the policies.

In short, and back on topic, it's disappointing that some seem to be prepared to get behind a violent convicted fraudster and 2) believe his integrity over the UK judiciary.
1) Yet many people vote for Labour because of Corbyn, not necessarily the manifesto
2) It's not his integrity that people believe in, just what he has to say especially in reference to grooming gangs and he's not been proved wrong so far.

Jesus, don't you people understand 'contempt of court' and 'sub judice'?
TR has jepordised the case agaisnt the pakistani pedodphiles.
As far as my take on ,it is concerned he was outside the court awaiting the verdicts of the defendants, so the trial was more or less over. He stated that he would be in comtempt if he revealed the verdicts until the last trial was over. He said maybe in September. He stated that he would go inside the court to hear the verdict but was bound by law not to reveal it until proceedings were over.

Contempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.