Tommy Robinson arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some people are too stupid to see that the prompt application of the exact letter of the law on someone protesting about the systemic failure to apply the law to certain people is going to create a backlash then that's on them.

Oh give your head a wobble. Pointing out the speed between arrest and imprisonment makes me a right wing fanboi does it?
Not really he was arrested for breach of Suspended Sentence Conditions, he will not have needed a Court Appearance but will have been Remanded and when Sentence confirmed, moved to Prison from Remand Unit. Nothing unusual there...........apart from the idiot being banged up.

So far in this thread, we have him on police bail, court bail, subject to a suspended sentence order and now, thanks to you, we can add parole.
Yet he remains a bellend.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
He doesn't have to be charged. His suspended sentence was activated by his arrest.
His suspended sentence was one of 3 months only, where did the other 10 months come from if not the "Breach of the peace, so therefore he must have been charged.

But was he arrested for breaching his conditions of release, or for a suspected breach of the peace. There is a difference mate.
I can tell you categorically that he was arrested for breach of the peace (or suspicion of)

There are at least two videos showing the coppers arresting him and you can hear clearly that this is what they are arresting him for.

We don't know if he was charged with BotP, it's certainly not what he was in court for. He wasn't in court for breaching his suspended sentence either. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he'll have to either be physically present at Canterbury Crown court or appear by videophone in order for the suspended sentence to be activated.

He was convicted of contempt of court and that's what he supposedly got 13 months for.

It is being suppressed by a court order, details of which are on this thread. Whether that court order is reasonable is a matter of opinion, that it exists and is in force is a matter of fact.
It isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of law.
If some people are too stupid to see that the prompt application of the exact letter of the law on someone protesting about the systemic failure to apply the law to certain people is going to create a backlash then that's on them.
If Robinson wants to be a martyr to sucker the gullible that's up to him. He knew the conditions of his suspended sentence and deliberately set out to test the judiciary in respect of them.

Do you want the defendants to suffer the full consequences of the law or not?

If you can't see that his show boating during an ongoing trial endangers the verdict I have to question your authority to call others "too stupid" for anything.

If there's a systemic failure to apply the law how was he outside a court where that law is being applied to people that it apparently isn't applied to?

Status
Not open for further replies.