Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 7, 2006.
The heart of the site is the forum area, including:
And so it begins. It's like watching a feeding frenzy.
Not at all surprising really, no matter how scared Republican Congressmen might have been of him (and they were- he didn't have the nickname of the Hammer for nothing), their self preservation instincts would have had to kick in sooner or later if they were to stand any chance of retaining control of the House in November.
At the risk of starting another bunfight:
Its going to be a very interesting year as everyone burns files and reinvents themselves to appear clean in time for the congressional elections
The linked blog asserts that:
1. A Mr. Brent Wilkes was the proprietor of a group of "companies" whose chief excuse for existence was to siphon money out of the US Treasury and to have staffs of notional employees to donate money to associated Political Action Committees (PACs).
2. Mr. Wilkes' companies produced an output of goods and services that ranged from negligible to non-existent.
3. Mr. Wilkes is a former "CIA financier of black bag operations."
4. Mr. Wilkes had a lot of friends on Capitol Hill.
5. One of these friends was recent Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee Randy "Duke" Cunningham. (R-Cal).
6. One of Mr. Wilkes' companies, "ACDS," was able successfully to get federal contracts by submission of unsolicited bids to the Pentagon. In other words, it tendered notional bids as to which the ostensible solicitor made no solicitation.
7. Various public officials and candidates benefitted financially from Mr. Wilkes' companies, including Mr. Delay.
8. Mr. Delay re-distributed to other Republican candidates money collected by Jack Abramoff or his organizations.
9. Estimates of the total amount of taxpayers' money thus collected by "ACDS" vary and may be as high as seven hundred million dollars.
In summary, it's alleged that various politicians, primarily Republicans, are stuffing their pockets and campaign coffers with money appropriated from the Treasury under very dubious circumstances.
The. Biggest. Scandal. Ever! Phony Front Companies Cycle Millions to GOP! House Staffer, DELAY
by Sherlock Google
Sat Dec 10, 2005 at 09:48:20 AM PDT
Some might retort to my last above that the Democratic Party is full of crooks and grafters too. I wouldn't argue against that proposition.
Separate names with a comma.