Tom Cruise scientology jibber jabber

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by moving-target-survivor, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like Cruise, but me thinks the men in white coats need to arrange a visit..... 8O

2. I dunno - he just seemed to be saying if he thought something was wrong hed fix it. No talk of begging a big-bearded cloud man to sort his life out.

But eh!? I thought these chaps were believers in alien colonisation or some such - is it me thats picked things up wrong?

3. In my opinion L Ron Hubbard was the worst science fiction author of all
    time,his books are utter crap.
    How anyone can believe the garbage he spouted his beyond me.

4. My estimation of Tom Cruise has gone right down the Pan...
    He's another David Icke...

I tried to find one Sentence to sum up what Scientolegy is .. Can't!!

5. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

he's an acceptable actor but a ridiculous person ;)

6. The guy is a fricking fruit bat of the highest order, I would put him 10/10. Gone with the fairys. :wink:

7. Rather than google it, can anyone tell me in simple terms WTF scientology is all about please.

8. science fiction author invents religion. people actually believe it

religion is sci-fi bonkers

people pay to learn its secrets

9. That's just it... I can't find one simple frigging sentence to sum it up :?

10. It's a religion about aliens 'within' invented by a Sci Fi hack/ writer.

Real ET, watch the skies aliens mind you.
    They are trapped within us all creating bad mojo.
    Only Scientology can set you and the world free (for a fee of course).

There's nobody alive to point out the spurious inceptions of 'established' religions but there are for this Scientology crap. Still people go for it and believe in it - says it all about religion and those who follow one really.

Tom Cruise is no nuttier than the Pope if you think about it.

11. No nuttier than the pope, the same pope that went from hitler youth to the most powerfull man in the catholic church one moment he is talking about tolerance to all pople no matter what name they call god the next he blames the muslims for everything wrong in the world

12. Wish i'd set it up - getting people to learn the secrets of a made up 'religion'. That fella is a genius!!!!!

13. Ok here we go with what a scientologeek believes - no laughing now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/14/nbbc114.xml

To quote the founder Mr Hubbard -

"writing science fiction for about a penny a word was no way to make a living. If you really want to make a million, the quickest way is to start your own religion.'"

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Group psychology that allows some people to better understand themselves.

Some people pay shrinks, some pay to be in clubs, some pay to get pi22ed with their mates - each to his own, but don't push your sh1t on others and don't tell me your way is best for me....