Tom Cruise scientology jibber jabber

I like Cruise, but me thinks the men in white coats need to arrange a visit..... 8O

I dunno - he just seemed to be saying if he thought something was wrong hed fix it. No talk of begging a big-bearded cloud man to sort his life out.

But eh!? I thought these chaps were believers in alien colonisation or some such - is it me thats picked things up wrong?

In my opinion L Ron Hubbard was the worst science fiction author of all
time,his books are utter crap.
How anyone can believe the garbage he spouted his beyond me.

My estimation of Tom Cruise has gone right down the Pan...
He's another David Icke...

I tried to find one Sentence to sum up what Scientolegy is .. Can't!!

The guy is a fricking fruit bat of the highest order, I would put him 10/10. Gone with the fairys. :wink:

Rather than google it, can anyone tell me in simple terms WTF scientology is all about please.

It's a religion about aliens 'within' invented by a Sci Fi hack/ writer.

Real ET, watch the skies aliens mind you.
They are trapped within us all creating bad mojo.
Only Scientology can set you and the world free (for a fee of course).

There's nobody alive to point out the spurious inceptions of 'established' religions but there are for this Scientology crap. Still people go for it and believe in it - says it all about religion and those who follow one really.

Tom Cruise is no nuttier than the Pope if you think about it.

Hairy_Hacker said:
It's a religion about aliens 'within' invented by a Sci Fi hack/ writer.

Real ET, watch the skies aliens mind you.
They are trapped within us all creating bad mojo.
Only Scientology can set you and the world free (for a fee of course).

There's nobody alive to point out the spurious inceptions of 'established' religions but there are for this Scientology crap. Still people go for it and believe in it - says it all about religion and those who follow one really.

Tom Cruise is no nuttier than the Pope if you think about it.
No nuttier than the pope, the same pope that went from hitler youth to the most powerfull man in the catholic church one moment he is talking about tolerance to all pople no matter what name they call god the next he blames the muslims for everything wrong in the world

Wish i'd set it up - getting people to learn the secrets of a made up 'religion'. That fella is a genius!!!!!

Ok here we go with what a scientologeek believes - no laughing now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/14/nbbc114.xml

Scientology, which calls itself a religious philosophy, was founded in 1952 by the science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard.

The American, who died in 1986 aged 74, wrote that he believed that human souls are naturally emotionally damaged and a person's aim in life should be to purge themselves of those unconscious memories.

A central belief is that 75 million years ago, 13.5 trillion aliens were banished to Earth by a warlord called Xenu. To compound their misfortune, these exiled aliens were dropped into volcanoes and vaporised with nuclear bombs.
Their souls, known to Scientologists as thetans, then latched on to humans. They believe these thetans are the source of many of our problems, both emotional and social.

To become at ease with one's unconscious self a person must take part in a series of "audits" with a trained Scientology counsellor.

By doing so Scientologists rise up in seniority and enlightenment through a grading system.

The group has always been popular in California, not least among some major figures in Hollywood.

The Church of Scientology moved into its £24 million British headquarters near St Paul's

To quote the founder Mr Hubbard -

"writing science fiction for about a penny a word was no way to make a living. If you really want to make a million, the quickest way is to start your own religion.'"

Alsacien

LE
WilieCayote said:
I tried to find one Sentence to sum up what Scientolegy is .. Can't!!
Group psychology that allows some people to better understand themselves.

Some people pay shrinks, some pay to be in clubs, some pay to get pi22ed with their mates - each to his own, but don't push your sh1t on others and don't tell me your way is best for me....

cpunk

LE
Onetup3 said:
Rather than google it, can anyone tell me in simple terms WTF scientology is all about please.
It's a method of getting gullible people to pay lots of money for help they don't need.

I've never understood why anyone would be suckered into any of these belief systems where they have to give large amounts of money to participate, just having a look on wiki about the whole thing and found this:

"Scientologists are expected to attend classes, exercises or counseling sessions, for a set range of fees (or "fixed donations"). Charges for auditing and other church-related courses run from hundreds to thousands of dollars. A wide variety of entry-level courses, representing 8 to 16 hours study, cost under $100 (US). More advanced courses require membership in the International Association of Scientologists (IAS), have to be taken at higher level Orgs, and have higher fees.[69] Membership without courses or auditing is possible, but the higher levels cannot be reached this way. In 1995, Operation Clambake, a website critical of scientology, estimated the cost of reaching "OT 9 readiness", one of the highest levels, is US $365,000 – $380,000.[70][71], assuming the most expensive route. "

$380,000!! Just imagine how many lady boys MDN could buy with that.

I think we need to start our own relegion/cult. How about "Church of the DPM hetero tigers". ?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, were to start . . .

Scientology is the epitomy of all that is wrong with humanity in the modern age (and what has been wrong with it ever since we developed the id). "I think, therefore I think better than everryone else, and there is money to be made from those that think not so well as I". Simple really.

Some dork who couldn't write science fiction books very well, cottoned on to the FACT that, in the absence of logical thought, billions of rather unenlightened muppets would hand over their cash in order to believe in anything but the reality that surrounded them, mostly because it was either dull, miserable or frightening. He figured (correctly) that the preeminent religions around the world didn't have a monopoly on stupidity, because if they did, there would only be one global religion. Even though he was a shite science fiction writer, he wasn't stupid, because he realised that he could replicate the commercial successes of the Papacy, the Jews and the Imams, despite the fact that he was entering the competition very late in the game (1970's).

He developed an entirely new product, from scratch, along the lines of Dyson with his hoovers. To suppress 'ecuminical' debate and the expected dissection of his new thought-product, he decided not to reveal the complete package to the customers until they had lashed out a very large sum of money. Quite clever really, because the conversion of the wannabe-believers could only happen through financial, er, belief stages.

Basically, for each stage of indoctrination (revelation of Scientology 'mysteries'), the wannabe had to pay a bunch of money, study like a mad thing and then affirm, wholeheartedly, their belief in that particular stages, and be confirmed as brainwashed before they could er, 'buy' the next 'mystery' package. And so it goes on, until you have at last reached and understood the final mystery and become a fully-fledged Scientologist. Herein lies the genius of the man; who (scuse pun) in their right mind is going to get to the last stage of lunacy, at great financial expense, and a huge cost in time and effort, especially the bit where they have to espouse their beliefs to friends and family, and fight off their ridicule for a long time, then give it all up and say "Actually, it's just another nutty religion, and I'm a complete cnut because it's cost me $100,000+ and 10 years to get suckered". Once you got that far, hey, there was no going back.

One might say that Scientology is an EVOLUTION of religion that allows it to compete in record time with the 'old' religions. The Scientology system has developed the catches of the old religions and made them new and improved.

And the best bit? Well, it's not an invisible God you follow, it's a bunch of Aliens from pre-history who gave us the sentience we have today.

I think I got that right. Don't delay, buy some belief today.

Now, as for Stumpy-Actor-Blerk - if he wasn't that short, he wouldn't have such low self esteem; if he didn't have such low self esteem, he wouldn't have become an actor so that he could pretend he was the best fighter jock, the best pool player, the best gambler, the best barman, the best lover. Why did he plump for scientology? Because for him, life is too short, and too horrible; it dealt him a bad hand, so he had to pretend, and pretend he still does.

Biped said:
Well, were to start . . .

"I think, therefore I think better than everryone else,
My Bold... Ne'er truer words spoken.

"Being a Scientologist you look at someone and you know absolutely you can help them...When you drive past an accident, it's not like anyone else, as you drive past you know you have to do something about it because you're the only one that can actually help."
taken from Quit yo jibber jabber...

Step aside Paramedic, thy medical training stands for nothing compared to my mightily expensive Scientology training...