Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher

He can't be that shit of an actor. He's doubtless made more money out of acting than yours and my combined salary throughout our entire working lives. In fact the twats probably made more than that in one of his films.

I thought he was pretty much shite as the 6ft 5in one-eyed, one-armed Graf Von Stauffenberg in 'Valkyrie'. He must have spent most of the movie standing on a large box, like Willy Carson does when he's seen commentating with Clair Baldock.

tac

I'll give the film a go. Remember Lee Child backed T.C. as Reacher, saying he had the presence on screen to play someone of Reacher's stature. Also Cruise bought the movie rights awhile back.

Maybe the next film could be called "Reacheround".

Just watched the trailer , Oh dear .

It was careful to say it was based on Jack Reacher stories so maybe a badly hashed storyline, rather than the story of One Shot . Why is it called Jack Reacher ? Has this fucked up the chance of more Reacher books being filmed ?

If I was going to film a Reacher book it would probably be Killing Floor or Tripwire

I'll give the film a go. Remember Lee Child backed T.C. as Reacher, saying he had the presence on screen to play someone of Reacher's stature. Also Cruise bought the movie rights awhile back.

Maybe the next film could be called "Reacheround".
Translation of the text in Red: "Whoooooohooooo boy have they give me a shit load of money! Kenny Baker can play him for all I care. Say anyone know if they make yachts out of solid gold and where all whores at?".

Blue text: "We have given the Author a Boatload of money."

Translation of the text in Red: "Whoooooohooooo boy have they give me a shit load of money! Kenny Baker can play him for all I care. Say anyone know if they make yachts out of solid gold and where all whores at?".

Blue text: "We have given the Author a Boatload of money."
I'd rather have Kenny Baker play Reacher.

There arem't many actors who could physically match up to the role...maybe Gerard Butler would have been good? Liam Neeson and Tommy Lee Jones are too old and Stephen Seagal is too **** and not sardonic enough to be Jack.

I've read all the Reacher books and I like them. They're an easy read. Some are better than others. But the one thing they do have in common is a main character who is ******* MASSIVE, and uses his size and strength to get out of certain situations.

Tom Cruise playing him? Nah, not for me.

And Lee Child saying that Tom Cruise had the presence to play Jack Reacher on screen. Only because they gave him truckloads of cash and chang, and did ******* wonders with sizing down the Hobbits in Lord of The Rings and he thought they could reverse the process for Tiny Tom.

There arem't many actors who could physically match up to the role...maybe Gerard Butler would have been good? Liam Neeson and Tommy Lee Jones are too old and Stephen Seagal is too **** and not sardonic enough to be Jack.
Agree an exact replica would be difficult, but pretty-boy Cruise FFS?

Personally I'd have gone with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to play Reacher.