Tom Clancys H.A.W.X Demo Download on PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Gundulph, Mar 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read about this the other day that there was a downloadable version on the PS3 going through the Network and then the shop, I found it yesterday and downloaded it, never thought we could do that before! I've never seen a flight sim so real looking! it is apparently connected with Ghost Recon etc. so when you are online and someone calls for air support you can be called in to support them, the controls are fairly easy and the scenery is second to none... has anyone got the game of this and if so, what's your thoughts?

You can actually fly down into Cities between buildings! if the Demo is this good the game will be amazing...

2. But in typical Tom Clancy game style the graphics at floor level are shite. Ok its a flying game but i wanted to land on that runway i saw in the demo...i got there and its was like they took it from google earth...then my plane exploded.

Anyone played the full game and is there more to it?

3. I think in the actual game the ground graphics will be much better as stated when you download the Demo, rememebr also it will work in conjuction with online GRAW and others... I still think it's amazing...

4. I have the 360 version. Singleplayer storyline is gash, but actual flying time, though a little arcadey is a pleasure and of course you have the added bonus of full voice control over the plane. You have a choice of over 50 aircraft, with optional weapon upgrades.

I've also dabbled online, which was a refreshing surprise - although a little frustrating.

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

pc or 360 version then? is the PC version a bit less 'arcadey' than the 360?

6. Popped into gamestation to buy BIA HH for the 2nd time as there is a lack of quality games out at the moment but ended up getting this after not even likeing the demo.

Graphically its much better with depth & detail at ground level. Hard as **** though and althouth only on it a short time the online play was ok. Anyone playing this online let me know. This game does link in to ghost recon i hear and i got called off a strike to help a ghost recon team...but dont know if that was a live player or not.

7. So, did you manage to find them and 'help' them?

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I picked it up at the weekend. Although a little arcadey it is great fun to play. Graphics are pretty impressive and gameplay enjoyable. I've not tried any online play yet so can't say anything about that. Overall I'd recommend it.

9. I did, whoever it was.

Im now using the voice command but there is something a bit weird about shouting while alone. Hard game but about time really as most the ps3 games are a walkthrough thesedays.

Respect to the RAF pilots on here, if any....lot harder than it actually looks.

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

just treated myself to this, Race Pro and Race Driver Grid on the way home from work tonight - will start getting stuck into it over the weekend.
    Anyone tried any of the Ace Combat series ? very pretty to look at and not actually that bad, got AC X on the psp for when I'm travelling and AC 6 on the 360 for at home.

11. Hawx ive had on normal and still struggle but i find it takes a few fukups to get the odd mission right.

12. Got it on PS3, really like it, normally a fan of CoD etc, but its a very entertaining gain with pretty decent graphics