Told by ACA not suitable for QRH as from state school background

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Mango Cake, Mar 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title says my ACA (officer) said I was unsuitable for the Queens Royal Hussars fam visit as I had come from a state school and would "not fit in the mess". He then proceeded to put me on a RTR fam visit instead. Can anyone confirm this is how cavalry regiments still behave or is it the archaic ramblings of a geriatric about to be axed in the cuts?
  2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Sniff, sniff. Can anyone else smell Jurno????
    • Like Like x 1
  3. honestly im not
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

'Mess' starting with a lower case letter is an indicator.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. QRH test:

When I say "Shopped in Iceland" do you think a) Frozen Foods or b) Nordic trinkets

When I say "Fag" do you think a) Cigarette or b) small boy who looked after you at school and was beaten often, for fun.

When I say "Income" do you think a) your army pay or b) the money which appears in your account each month from your various portfolios or family old money.

If you answer (a) to any, stop trying to be the miserable poor guy in a mess full of money and join another regiment where you can enjoy your military career and the best social life that your wages can buy.

p.s. if you are a journo - rot in hell!
    • Like Like x 5
  6. How do you hold your knife?
  7. like a pitchfork
  8. That'll be it.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. U've been weyed, measured and found wanting of a trackman's commish.
    The ACA was up to snuff then?
  10. Surely to be a cav officer you have to own a few ponies, a hundred hectares of land and wear silly red trousers.
  11. Unless they start commissioning their grooms you're fúcked. You common little man.
  12. Or look as if you do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It is rather stylish; a Deb's Delight. But it must go come the Season, Aramintas only I'm afraid.
  14. I dabbled with RTR when I looked at green commissioning. The Old Colonel grufty who did the recruiting piece asked why specifically RTR. 16 y.o. VI Crab told him because I wanted tanks but didn't have the private money for a Cav Regt. He got very huffy and told me that things didn't work like that any more, and the need for a private income was a vanished urban myth. That was back in 1997. So OP must be particularly overtly plebian to have attracted that flak.