Tokyo Olympics 2020 eerrrrr 2021.

I take my hat off to these guys swimming 10k freestyle non stop in the Marathon Swimming event. I can just about manage 2 lengths of a 50m pool...

Tis a bit boring though....

KJT out, injury in 200m.
Quelle surprise...

Injured again by all accounts. She's been having a tough time of it lately. Personally I don't think she is as strong mentally as Denise Lewis or Jessica Ennis was when they were competing.

I take my hat off to these guys swimming 10k freestyle non stop in the Marathon Swimming event. I can just about manage 2 lengths of a 50m pool...

Tis a bit boring though....
There is a tracker of sorts on the official site. Unfortunately GB's Hector Pardoe is DNF (Did Not Finish). I think there was some expectation he might be up for a medal. It seems a competitor elbowed him in the face and he had to stop as soon as he finished that lap to get it checked out. I could be wrong but it looks like there's blood running down the wad of tissues.

1628119285488.png
1628119830454.png

1628118608509.png

Top ten at the moment
1628118833736.png

Marathon Swimming - Results

Last edited:
Quelle surprise...

Injured again by all accounts. She's been having a tough time of it lately. Personally I don't think she is as strong mentally as Denise Lewis or Jessica Ennis was when they were competing.
Personally I think she's in a shit load of pain.

Hector Pardoe update.

1628121001484.png

1st Germany, 2nd Hungary, 3rd Italy. Interesting that the water temperature is high. Looking at some of the posts, Wellbrock would slow down to let others expend themselves trying to catch him, then he would put the power down and stretch away from them. There are going to be a lot of knackered swimmers.
1628121313797.png

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
I know he’s taking the piss, but that’s still very impressive.

Did men ever do the double bars?

Men do the Parallel Bars, but I'm not sure they ever did the Uneven Bars as apparatus. The UBs as a piece of apparatus were born from the PBs to give the women another bit of kit to fling themselves around on.

1628123107753.png

USA BMX cyclist Connor Fields will be released from hospital after sustaining a head injury in semi-finals.
From the official live blog Tokyo 2020

42 MINUTES AGO
CYCLING BMX RACING

Connor Fields and USA cycling provide update following BMX crash​

Some very good news to bring you: USA cycling have confirmed that Connor Fields (USA) will be released from hospital in Tokyo on Thursday, where he was recovering from a head injury he sustained following a scary crash in the BXM racing semi-finals.
Statement in full:
"Dr. Jonathan Finnoff, Chief Medical Officer for the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee today shared news that Team USA athlete Connor Fields will be released from St. Luke’s International Hospital in Tokyo on Thursday, August 5th. Fields sustained a head injury during the semifinals of the BMX racing event at the Tokyo Olympic Games on July 30th, and has been under the care of the USOPC, USA Cycling and local physicians. He will now return home to be with his friends and family in Henderson, Nevada, and start his rehabilitation."

1628123339177.png

I know he’s taking the piss, but that’s still very impressive.

Did men ever do the double bars?

I don't think so. The only routine they share with women's is the vault and floor work. Paul Hunt also did a routine on the single beam. It's quite funny and impressive as well.

I've been following the games on Eurosport. The coverage is far better than the BBC. I did however give the BBC another chance this morning and they were covering the track cycling.

Between races, the female presenter accompanying Dan Walker asked Chris Hoy something along the lines of 'You say it's best not find yourself at the back of the pack in a race. Why is that?'

At that point I turned back to Eurosport.

Latest Threads