Tokyo Olympics 2020 eerrrrr 2021.

1627936026094.png

Odo_de_StAmand

War Hero
On one BBC News Sports section earlier today the Sports "Correspondent" Jane Dougall referred to Laura Muir as having qualified in the "One thousand five hundred metres"....

FFS

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
On one BBC News Sports section earlier today the Sports "Correspondent" Jane Dougall referred to Laura Muir as having qualified in the "One thousand five hundred metres"....

FFS
Technically correct! ;)

What would you consider the most technically challenging event?

I’m going with pole vault.
Slalom kayaking.

Timing of each turning stroke, feather of the blade, power, reading the course, using the water for both speeding up and braking.

But then I am biased.

That’s what l don’t get, how can it identify as a bloke yet still be non binary, seems it wants the best of both worlds and it’s being allowed.
They don't identify as a bloke anymore now they say they are non-binary. I don't get how that makes someone trans either but at least in this instance there seems to be acknowledgement that their biological sex is still a female, in a woman's sport.

What would you consider the most technically challenging event?

I’m going with pole vault.
Since watching the BMX freestyle I'm going with that. No soft cushions to absorb any fall, straight onto hard concrete, from a height, upside down. Feck that for a game of sojers.

endure

GCM
The 10 metre dive. If you get it wrong you hit a solid wall of water at ~35mph.

TamH70

MIA
Since watching the BMX freestyle I'm going with that. No soft cushions to absorb any fall, straight onto hard concrete, from a height, upside down. Feck that for a game of sojers.

The skateboarding looked a bit **** that for a game of soldiers when I watched the medal competition for that sport. Some really spectacular splatters onto hard surfaces were found therein.

All three Brits go through to the men's 1500m semi final on Thursday.
Jodie Williams through to the women's 400m semi final after winning her race.
Ama Pipi was overtaken on the line in her 400m heat so missed automatic qualification. She says she has been working on pacing herself at the start. It looks like Ama is going through to the next round.
Nicole Yeargin, (US based with a Scottish mother), looked like she had automatically qualified with a third place but unfortunately she was been disqualified for a lane infringement.

Adam Gemili felt his hamstring go. He was determined to strap it up and try his best but it snapped. He's understandably in a lot of pain and absolutely gutted. No GB qualifiers for the men's 200.

Deborah Kerr finished second in the women's kayak single 200m semi-final.
Jack Law and James Heatly have qualified for the 3m springboard final 7am on BBC2.

In women's boxing, GB's Caroline Dubois lost by a split decision. It could have gone either way.

Last edited:
Norway's Karsten Warholm has smashed the 400m hurdles world record. USA's Benjamin put in an excellent run and for a moment overtook Warholm but Warholm went in to turbo boost. Rai Benjamin looked crestfallen with second, despite running the second fastest 400m hurdles time in history. By contrast, Brazil's Alison dos Santos was thrilled with third and bronze. Tokyo 2020

Colin Jackson says this was the greatest 400m hurdles race ever. It was certainly remarkable to watch.

Last edited:

Latest Threads