Tokyo Olympics 2020 eerrrrr 2021.

TamH70

MIA
Happy saffers with 2 silvers and a gold so far.
However, pointing out it is white girls who won em doesn't go down so well.
And with no caster semenya, no Oscar stumpy pistorius, could be bleak on the track.

You can blame the IOC and the South African Olympic Committee for not backing up Semenya against the torrent of shit she's had to endure for being good at running whilst not being a Beyonce Knowles lookalike.

You can blame the IOC and the South African Olympic Committee for not backing up Semenya against the torrent of shit she's had to endure for being good at running whilst not being a Beyonce Knowles lookalike.
Or you can blame nature, which dealt her a bad hand in the chromosome department.
I do feel sorry for her, as she is what she is, and any unfair advantage she has isn't down to cheating.
Or rule bending... Like a certain kiwi weightlifter person.
I'm surprised the lgbtixyz mob have such fluid standards when it comes to what is acceptable.
If said kiwi gets gold, they'll be crowing from the rooftops.
And there goes women's sport down the pan.
Oh, edit to add, saffer government and athletics body threw silly money at the case.
And caster's wife is expecting their second child soon. No joke

GB Women's 7's Rugby Team absolutely smashing it. Well done girls.

Meanwhile the women's Footy Team absolutely blew it. One trick pony with Ellem White. Defence very poor, goalkeeper needs sacking.

Rowing squads not performing, must do better at Paris in 2024.

If this is supposed to be GB's best ever start to an Olympics, imagine where we might have been if only...

Looking forward now to the Cycling girls and boys smashing it out of the park, closely followed by a few dodgy medals in the Affleticks....

GB Women's 7's Rugby Team absolutely smashing it. Well done girls.
Watched a replay of that match. Brilliant. Very impressive indeed.

Abi Brown:
1627683590193.png

France's 7's team has a player called Fanny Horta. Ouch.

Last edited:

giatttt

War Hero
I have to confess to being stunned by the difference between the funding for rowing and cycling. Our gold medal cyclist crowdfunded her appearance but our rowers spent 24 million?

OK by mod standards that's not even a rounding error, but FFS

I have to confess to being stunned by the difference between the funding for rowing and cycling. Our gold medal cyclist crowdfunded her appearance but our rowers spent 24 million?

OK by mod standards that's not even a rounding error, but FFS
Shriever is a BMX rider. It's not part of the cycling team

Well done Team GB, great gold!
Pleased for Jess Learmonth and Jonny Brownlee. Great athletes and ambassadors in the sport of Triathlon. Fully deserve their Gold Medals.

Jessie Knight lost out in the women's 400m hurdle due to a fall before the first hurdle. It looked like she went down quite hard and through the hurdle but thankfully seems uninjured. Seems like she could have been in with a chance of a top four finish.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
GB ladies lose to Fiji for Bronze medal, 21-12

Gabion Groyne

War Hero
I must admit I find it frankly embarrassing that of the football and sevens* games I've seen, only GB kneel before games. Don't they realise the rest of the world has moved on?

* To be fair, not all the blokes in the sevens team did, so credit to them.

I must admit I find it frankly embarrassing that of the football and sevens* games I've seen, only GB kneel before games. Don't they realise the rest of the world has moved on?

Most of the world saw it for what it was and never bothered in the first place.

France (where communism has it's origins) kneeled too. At least some in sports have disassociated the gesture from it's political origins.

Last edited:
Interesting article in the Daily Mail about the British Olympic Rowers performance this year, following the departure of Juergen Grobler.
It appears to be an old school, intensive training regime versus a modern, compassionate way of doing things.
I believe the results speak for themselves! Surely, to be an Olympic medalist, you need to push your body (and mind) to the limit?

I see the Athletics has started.

Just watching the 100m Hair and Make Up Heats...:wink::wink::wink:

Latest Threads