Tokyo Olympics 2020 eerrrrr 2021.

Women's Eight repechage. GB came last. They were well behind at the end and just didn't have the length per stroke to keep up. Romanians came first with a new World best time. Canada second, PRC third.

Men's Eight repechage. Good start by GB. At half way it's between New Zealand and GB. New Zealand went on to win. GB just got across the line in second before USA could catch them.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I find this site a useful tool to find out what to watch and when, it originally comes up with Jap time, but click on change and it comes up with UK/your area time.
Click on the date tab to find out what's on any particular day and click on the sport to find the relevant sport.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Women's Eight repechage. GB came last. They were well behind at the end and just didn't have the length per stroke to keep up. Romanians came first with a new World best time. Canada second, PRC third.

Men's Eight repechage. Good start by GB. At half way it's between New Zealand and GB.
2nd place.

I find this site a useful tool to find out what to watch and when, it originally comes up with Jap time, but click on change and it comes up with UK/your area time.
Click on the date tab to find out what's on any particular day and click on the sport to find the relevant sport.
I've been using that this morning too.

2nd place.
Yes I updated my post after they crossed the line. It's almost time to get up. I'll have to catch up later.

Beaten by the Argues.

Oh the shame.

O Zangado

War Hero
Nope, she herself quoted 'mental pressures'...and she did accept the Silver medal !

Just been interviewed,she said she'll sort out her issues over the next few days !

The best comment I have heard on this was from Beth Tweddle (world class gymnast and Olympic medallist) interviewed on Al Beeb Radio 4 earlier this morning. Paraphrased, she said, "The question has to be asked, what was she [Simone Biles] still doing on Twatter during the Olympics?"

OZ

What’s happened to Max Whitlock? I see two Brits in the mens individual all round finals, but not him.

philc

LE
She is a Gunner it seems.

Also it seems Andy Burnham has given his opinion on dressage and been shot down it a pile of flaming poo. It seems Dressage stems from Cavlery training of horses for battle back in the day, and no I did not know it either.

Think his comments are based his class prejudice.

Charlotte Dujardin and her horse win bronze for GB in the individual dressage. A great performance by this young and inexperienced horse. The German competition was formidable, but this GB combination prevented them from getting a clean sweep of the medals.

Last edited:

Also it seems Andy Burnham has given his opinion on dressage and been shot down it a pile of flaming poo. It seems Dressage stems from Cavlery training of horses for battle back in the day, and no I did not know it either.

Who is Andy Burnham?

Charlotte Dujardin and Geo win bronze for GB in the individual dressage. A great performance by this young and inexperienced horse.

She was delighted with his performance, I think the horse gave everything it could. It can only get better over the next 3 years, unless something means it becomes UHU.

I take it, he is vehemently against the shooting, archery, pole vault, discus, shot putt and marathon as well.