Tokyo Olympics 2020 eerrrrr 2021.

It’s started, 2 days before the opening ceremony.

GB woman have beaten Chile 2-0 in the opening round of football. Softball matches currently delayed.

I thoroughly enjoy the Olympics, the one thing that does disappoint me though is there isn’t a greater coverage of different events on mainstream TV.

There are a few new sports to the games - Karate, Skateboarding, Sports Climbing, Surfing (still no squash though)

There have also introduced mixed events - mixed 400m relay, mixed triathlon relay and mixed 400m swimming medley relay to name a few. Could be interesting.

Not for me,
Olympic rowers wife quote coming up.
” you have to be special enough to do it and stupid enough to think it’s important “
And the money making mafia that is the IOC only runs a close second to FIFA for venality and pomposity.

I‘m interested in the spectacle, not the politics.

Just watched the start of Aus v NZ womens soccer (yes, soccer!). Stupid Aus cvuts holding the shit aboriginal flag. Hope they lose. Should be sent home. Turned it off in disgust. Cvnts!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Just been reading an article in the paper about our Olympians
I think this Country has a fine body of young keen and clever athletes who will do their best
I wish them all luck

Just been reading an article in the paper about our Olympians
I think this Country has a fine body of young keen and clever athletes who will do their best
I wish them all luck
So do I, but for many of them, it’s going to be a very strange experience. None of the usual high points, like the opening and closing ceremonies in front of huge crowds, none of the mixing with other Nations, no taking in the local culture and ‘must see’ local highlights.
It sounds like it will be a very sterile, restricted life inside the bubble.
I’m not really feeling engaged at the moment, but hopefully will take a bit more notice when the Olympics starts in earnest.
I totally get there are many reasons why it should proceed, albeit a year late, but equally there are many reasons why it should have been cancelled completely.

I have lost all interest in all sports since this BLM/Activist crap started - privileged and rich people supporting marxist terrorists or other extremist groups seeking to divide us all - this week in the USA one of the sports, i think it was Major league baseball, announced it is now going to play the Black National Anthem ahead of the USA anthem - causing nothing more than hatred and division and counter to everything MLK fought for

I have lost all interest in all sports since this BLM/Activist crap started - privileged and rich people supporting marxist terrorists or other extremist groups seeking to divide us all - this week in the USA one of the sports, i think it was Major league baseball, announced it is now going to play the Black National Anthem ahead of the USA anthem - causing nothing more than hatred and division and counter to everything MLK fought for

What's the Black National Anthem when its at home?

At the risk of being branded a racist, here's one I'd chose.

bestri10

Old-Salt
Just watched the start of Aus v NZ womens soccer (yes, soccer!). Stupid Aus cvuts holding the shit aboriginal flag. Hope they lose. Should be sent home. Turned it off in disgust. Cvnts!
These people are chosen to attend the olympics and represent their nation not their own political beliefs, anyone doing as such should be disqualified and sent straight home.

bestri10

Old-Salt
To play the black national anthem for black people instead of just the US national anthem which represents everyone kind of says 'you are a black person not an American' and anyone who wishes for the black anthem to be played should probably leave the country if they do not want to be united as americans or consider thenselves american, the US government purchased land in Africa for ex slaves to return to after the slavetrade ended, maybe anyone who falls into that category could go too.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
To play the black national anthem for black people instead of just the US national anthem which represents everyone kind of says 'you are a black person not an American' and anyone who wishes for the black anthem to be played should probably leave the country if they do not want to be united as americans or consider thenselves american, the US government purchased land in Africa for ex slaves to return to after the slavetrade ended, maybe anyone who falls into that category could go too.
Liberia.

Latest Threads