Tokyo Marks WWII Firebombing Anniversary

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RCSignals, Mar 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. ooooh ! i bricketh myself big time !
    i can see their concern for Allied POWs very touching NOT! :evil:
    they started the war, reap what you sow and shut the fuk up!
    that would be my response since they were so reluctant to pay compensation to ex-POWs and acknowledge their own war crimes
  3. my grand father never lived long enough for me to know him having been a gueast of the empireor . i have to say it was terrible but you lot started it ditto for dresden
  4. what are they doing for it ??

barbeque ????

fireworks display ??
  5. I wonder just how many of those who died in Dresden, Tokyo or London, Coventry etc. etc. were actually guilty of any crime at all or started anything at all?

How many of us i wonder would accept having our homes destroyed and our families killed as being justified because of what Blair and his government do?

Or are we saying that a national of any country shares the guilt of it's leaders and government, even it's military and must thus accept the consequences including death?

I'd be interested to know how exactly one becomes guilty of a crime by being born in a particular place?
  6. "That firebombing was unforgiveable.............100,000 dead.........that's a massacre isn't it?"

Yeah, it's a f*cking shame, but you seem to have forgotten the 'Rape of Nanking' and how you treat prisoners of war. Next time you start a fight, you slant eyed c*nt........get with the winning team.

Tony'll be offering an apology soon...........on behalf of us all.
  7. Good point; well brought out!

Now apply the above to the civilian population of Iraq.
  8. [quote="Biscuits_AB Yeah, it's a f*cking shame, but you seem to have forgotten the 'Rape of Nanking' and how you treat prisoners of war. .[/quote]

You are right on with that.

Hey, you want to play with the big boys, you are gonna get hurt.
  9. If you forget the mistakes of the past you are doomed to repeat them in the future.

Lives are lost in war regardless of who is right and who is wrong, remembering them should help to bring perspective to future generations.
  10. Yeah, but remembering everyone else's mistakes whilst 'airbrushing' out your own, isn't quite what it's all about is it?
  11. True AB, but the above article is in reference to a certain event in Japan (world) history and not the overall picture.

Like the article said it brought the full force of war to Japan, they paid a very large price at the hands of the Allies becuase of their Emperor who proclaimed to be a God.

60 years on and still we cannot let go becuase in one way shape or form we still have ties to family and national losses.

The real problem is not so much the reflection on past events (this is important, and time should be taken to remember all who died) but the way these events are glorified by and jumped all over by the media (on all fronts) who paint false images and stories just to sell airtime, joined by sicophantic politicians and media darlings who align themselves with such events just to further their own publicity and self gratification )Mr Blair for example).