Toilets and sinks on military aircraft

You may have seen some exasperted commentary in other threads (notably the replacement AWACS and MPA threads). Gen dit it turns out the x9 new P8 Poisedon we are buying from the Septics has no sink (or galley) fitted, just a bog. Whereas the E7 AWACS which may replace the E3 does have a sink and bog. What is fascinating is it's the E7 that's rare to have a sink rather than just having a bog.

So here are some military aircraft with bogs (sometimes with sinks):
Russian Tu-95 Bear

British Vulcan bomber - Toilet (bag) but no sink:

US B52 Bomber shit chute (no sink):

Wet wipes and gash bags it is then. Given it's a bloody 737, one would've thought the fwd shitter/galley would've been retained even if they binned the aft facilities.

The Tu-95 bog is frankly shit.

The last picture showing a B52 bog looks more like the old c130 bog, not the J model. our short versions had instructions for the ramp and door in the place where the written text is on the photo and it looks like a hydraulic pack to the left of the bog, again in the correct position for our K models.

RP

I've always believed toilets and long, deep sinks go together. My ex-wife (a Kraut) was always knocking on the door and asking "Vot are you sinking about in zere?"

At the risk of sounding like someone who cares about soft-furnishings: What the fcuk is going on with the flooring on the Tupolev? Even 70's MQs had better carpets. It looks like someone let a 5 year-old loose with a black felt-tip.
That's what happens when you chug anti-icing fluids. And drop acid.

Regarding the Tu-95 arrangements, Unlucky for whoever ends up with the seat in front of the bog.

Secondary duty includes having to hold conversation with whoever is on the bog, and helping to coax out any large logs as one is straining on the throne!

The last picture showing a B52 bog looks more like the old c130 bog, not the J model. our short versions had instructions for the ramp and door in the place where the written text is on the photo and it looks like a hydraulic pack to the left of the bog, again in the correct position for our K models.

RP
Yeah, probably Boeing had a warehouse full of the crappers. It's the same score with our Gazelles, they use Renault 4 door handles and windscreen wiper blades.

As it happens, Gazelles are also fitted with the exact same toilets as the Renault 4.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If you have a sink, do you even need a toilet?

I travel frequently on CIv Air to and from the Middle East, Top tip get in before the locals do as once they have been in the shitters look like well Shit Houses, water all over the floor, shit on the seats and around the rim, paper towel covered in shit in the disposal bins. 3rd world my Ass try prehistoric