Toilet trouble

Too much compo? - would love to see how you describe the problem when you report it to the MQ mngt company! - bet you blame the wife! - dear sir, my wife’s logs simply won’t flush

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
.jpg

Nowt wrong with that, just needs the addition of a set of book shelves and some logs (wood type, not human) for the fireplace, maybe fit wifi and get a telly in and sorted for the evening!

Too much compo? - would love to see how you describe the problem when you report it to the MQ mngt company! - bet you blame the wife! - dear sir, my wife’s logs simply won’t flush
Detritus will be used instead of shite.
To be fair, a lot of the houses in my area have the SME issue including the bloke next door, so it won’t be news to them.

Sttrory

Old-Salt
Just moved into new MQ. The upstairs toilet won't shift logs. You could flush a car engine through the downstairs one. Both are of the same type. It looks like turds have to travel about 3.5m before hitting a downpipe and there is very little slope on the horizontal. There's nothing I can do about that. As I am not willing to change my diet, are there any options with the cistern I can explore?
Increase the water flush amount take of cistern lid and adjust the cistern float should be around 6 litres

Steal a copy of the Daily Wail from the library, take said paper home, take a dump into a couple of pages, wrap, then throw over neighbour's fence, use 4 pages if your wife needs a shite as well

Have a plunger handy and plunge the bowl after you have done the deed. There may be a slight blockage from last occupier

If its the same and the downstairs one works, check to make sure the upstairs one is filling to the top, our 3 toilets are the same but I had to adjust the ensuite to fill more do to a similar issue with remaining debris.
Yep. Remove cistern lid, adjust float so it fills to just below overflow; also make sure the syphon's "eco-flush" plug is not on eco/housewife setting.

If problem persists replace the EU Eco-loon cistern with a proper British cistern.

Yep. Remove cistern lid, adjust float so it fills to just below overflow; also make sure the syphon's "eco-flush" plug is not on eco/housewife setting.

If problem persists replace the EU Eco-loon cistern with a proper British cistern.
How easy is that, is there a compatibility issue between shitters?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If the bog has an isolating tap check it's open all the way.
That would just slow flow of water but once the cistern has reached capacity it will stop.

All you will do by adjusting the tap is affect the speed of filling not the speed of emptying

phil245

LE
Book Reviewer
the simplest solution, rig up a 45 gallon over the bath, fit a 3in tapped spigot to base, attach a length of industrial size vacuum cleaner hose. attach a hosepipe to bath tap to fill oil drum. then after crapping, simply hold vacuum cleaner hose over the toilet and open tap on the spigot. hey presto. 45 gallons fired a gravitational force, it would wash away elephant turds. job is done. for more pressure, raise the oil drum higher,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 264
Electromagnetic Brexit 71
Schmoe DIY 71

Latest Threads