Toenail Fungus (I think)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kings_Gambit, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am applying to join the Army. During my training I have realised that my toenails (2 to be precise) have become hard and crumbly and I'm guessing this is due to a fungus in the toenail.

Does anybody know whether this is a bar to entry? If anybody has also had this problem themselves your advice to its treatment would be much appreciated.

Thank You
  2. Tea Tree Oil worked for me.

Plus it smells nice and creasotey.
  3. Had it myself about 4 years ago. You'll have to go to the doctors. I had to take pills for about 6 months, hasn't come back since, it cleared up my athelete's foot as well.
  4. Get hold of a pig. Perhaps its not fungus but truffles in which case you'll be made for life and won't need to join the Army.
  5. Pay a chinese sex worker to gently nibble the fungus from your feet.

On a more serious note- You horrible grubby little man, sort your admin out you fezpot.
  6. manky toe nails are very common in army, so the SMO tells me, a combination of wearing boots and communal showers etc. my advice, go to the doc and get the experience of the various lotions and potionsis that they don't work
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

My advice to you - don't wear your boots in any shower, communal or not.

You will find that with dry feet and boots you will have fewer problems....
  8. Quite. Keep your feet clean and dry, and put Mycota powder in your scabby little man.