Toenail Fungus (advice please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have been lurking around the forums for a while now and decided to join. I have applied to join the Army, however, I have an issue that I am clearing up, but hope it will not stop me joining.

I have a very mild toenail fungus (disgusting I know!!) on my big toenail and I am in the process of using a cream to help get rid of it. I have been told this could still take 6-12 months to grow out. Would this stop me applying or could I still apply/join with this small infection?

Expecting some banter and disgusted comments but some advice would also be cool! Maybe form a recruiter or medical army Dr.

Thanks, Ash.

admin vortex

Clanker
Go to med ctr. Ask medic for script for lamisil. Or if you are a civvy, go to your gp. Show him said manky toenails, ask for prescription for lamisil.

D

Djelli Beybii

Tea tree oil is, I believe, estrogenic.
Ahhh, but I should think the application of just a little bit on his big toe, isn't going to turn him into a fanny.

Unless he rocks up for his medical with bright pink nail varnish on that is.

Prevention is always better than cure.
Typical bleeding NHS. A bit of totally useless advice given far too late to be of any help but it sounds right.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Typical bleeding NHS. A bit of totally useless advice given far too late to be of any help but it sounds right.
We're free but being cheerful isn't in the contract, you get service with a grunt. See BUPA they care.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Hi
I have been lurking around the forums for a while now and decided to join. I have applied to join the Army, however, I have an issue that I am clearing up, but hope it will not stop me joining.

I have a very mild toenail fungus (disgusting I know!!) on my big toenail and I am in the process of using a cream to help get rid of it. I have been told this could still take 6-12 months to grow out. Would this stop me applying or could I still apply/join with this small infection?

Expecting some banter and disgusted comments but some advice would also be cool! Maybe form a recruiter or medical army Dr.

Thanks, Ash.
You have already posted this in the correct forum. Medical Enquiries. This isn't really the right place.

You'll get your answers there.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I.A. Dada Health and Fitness 50
Mattb Health and Fitness 2
K Health and Fitness 7

Latest Threads