toe nail removed need advice

had my big toe nail removed 4th march, i went to the dressing clinic 2 days after the operation and it looked like there was a toe nail still on the toe but the nurse said there wasnt but when i went to the dressing clinic today the nurse said there was a nail on there but the nail bed has been killed and the nail isnt attached to the toe (its on top like a hat...) has anyone had this happen before? or no why they left the nail? im cofused because i had my other big toe nail removed last year and they didnt leave a toe nail behind.

My big toe nails cut into my toes sometimes when they grow quite big.
It gets really painful and it looks a little different from normal but whenever it starts to hurt - I just find a small pack of tissues - stick the whole pack in my mouth and cut it out Rambo style with some nail clippers. Once the pressure on the skin is relieved a little, it goes back to normal and its about 2 months before I have to repeat the process.

I don't know much about nail removal, but I think I prefer my method even though it hurts.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
blobmeister said:
Should of learnt how to cut your nails in the first place....grotbags!
How kind and thoughtful your response was. I take it you are cogniscent of all of the facts in this case?

I once lost a toenail in a game of soccer (sorry but where I live "football" doesn't mean what you think it does). Opposing player landed on my foot, broke the toenail below the quick and I was left in agony and blood everywhere, and later with effectively two nails growing in the same bed. The top nail was severed but had to be pushed out by the new nail. Hurt like fcuk while it went on, but once it had gone the new nail was as good as it gets.

tommy1990 said:
had my big toe nail removed 4th march, i went to the dressing clinic 2 days after the operation and it looked like there was a toe nail still on the toe but the nurse said there wasnt but when i went to the dressing clinic today the nurse said there was a nail on there but the nail bed has been killed and the nail isnt attached to the toe (its on top like a hat...) has anyone had this happen before? or no why they left the nail? im cofused because i had my other big toe nail removed last year and they didnt leave a toe nail behind.
I awoke one sunday morning to find the big toenail on my right foot wearing a beret, I bollocked it for not saluting, after that it saluted me every morning,
oh, and I caught the big toe on my left foot wearing a black ski mask, turned out it was off to do a bank job! :p

Ive had both two nails on both feet surgically removed. Used to get lots of black toenails playing football. In the end they became so thick i struggled to cut them and got them removed permanently.

Best thing i ever did.

tommy1990 said:
healing good now thank god can start training too lose me puppy fat :D...
You mean your teenager who eats all the pies fat.

had my big toe nail removed at med centre by some sprog doctor,he burnt out the root bed with some form of acid,cant remember the name of it though,it was not supposed to grow back,it has, and it is mutated and difficult to cut.bastards made me do gateguard in hong kong in no7s and a flip flop,wit one bulled boot ,shame enough .

Obviously not had the joy of road runs wearing those oh so comfy cardboard DMS slippers.... feckin toe nails used to fall off on their own after a few miles. The Mk1 Combat High was even worse :x