Toddler shot with Air Pistol

Some days I think parts of my Home town need carpet bombing...

Baby girl shot by pellet gun

All the latest stories from our newsroom

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPolice have launched an investigation after an 18-month-old girl was shot in a field in St Helens.

A woman was walking in a field between Derbyshire Hill Road and Fleet Lane at 11 am on Sunday, with her 18-month-old daughter and her dog.

The girl suffered minor injuries to her leg, consistent with a pellet wound.

She was taken to hospital and treated by medical staff.

Police are now launching an investigation into the incident

Det Insp Chris Sephton, said: "Thankfully the child received only minor injuries, however, this could have more serious.

"We are launching a pending investigation and are treating the matter very seriously.

"This field is used as a short cut to members of the public to the surrounding area. I would therefore urge anyone who was in the area between 10.30am and 12noon to come forward and contact Merseyside Police. You may have seen something which could help with our inquiries."

If anyone has any information, call St Helens CID on 0151 777 1561 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

More than likely one of these half-wits...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILNEzVGsXoY

theiftaker said:
Some days I think parts of my Home town need carpet bombing...

Baby girl shot by pellet gun

All the latest stories from our newsroom

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPolice have launched an investigation after an 18-month-old girl was shot in a field in St Helens.

A woman was walking in a field between Derbyshire Hill Road and Fleet Lane at 11 am on Sunday, with her 18-month-old daughter and her dog.

The girl suffered minor injuries to her leg, consistent with a pellet wound.

She was taken to hospital and treated by medical staff.

Police are now launching an investigation into the incident

Det Insp Chris Sephton, said: "Thankfully the child received only minor injuries, however, this could have more serious.

"We are launching a pending investigation and are treating the matter very seriously.

"This field is used as a short cut to members of the public to the surrounding area. I would therefore urge anyone who was in the area between 10.30am and 12noon to come forward and contact Merseyside Police. You may have seen something which could help with our inquiries."

If anyone has any information, call St Helens CID on 0151 777 1561 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Why, were you disappointed with the effects of the airgun?

So, they are doing nothing about it?

A very similar case happend here in Holland last week.
Some sick individual shot a 4 year old with an air-rifle.
Is this the latest fashion in perv land?

Alsacien

LE
GordonBrown said:

So, they are doing nothing about it?
Preparing a recommendation to ban something else probably..... :roll:

On the plus side, at least it showed where the mums contact drills need sharpening up. Every cloud, and all that...

Mr_Deputy said:
try 'Moving Target' a game we played on a sunny day-off work (after a bottle of rum and watching a Jackass DVD) get a thick coat and crash helmet, some thick gloves and shoot at your friend in a field with a high powered rifle. He can run...but he can't hide! It's guaranteed to raise the adrenalin levels. Wounds can be '50p' sized welts if they hit legs etc.

I hadn't heard about using pistols/toddlers or even carpet bombing . Sounds a bit sick.
Can I bring my Lee Enfield?

Cloggie said:
A very similar case happend here in Holland last week.
Some sick individual shot a 4 year old with an air-rifle.
Is this the latest fashion in perv land?
We spell it "PARR", I love the way the area has been flooded with Police (Sarcasm that). Drove around last night dropping off the Wifes Skypixie crap for her(Chuurch Magazine) and saw a pair or PCSOs getting laughed at by a gang of chavs all pissed on Cider/Lambrini and two lads of about 14 with an air rifle crossing the same area as the shooting. Not a Bobby in sight.
Liarbour tough on crime my arrse.

I am outraged ban air imeadiatly

If they know its an air pistol then they must have seen who dunnit as the max range on a Pistol is pretty low. Was bitten on the arse by a dog in Parr once so agree that the area needs carpet bombing, thats if the Chav scum actually have carpets. :lol:

An Airgun is a little ineffectively with a toddler, I would have used a crossbow or a .22 rim fire cartridge.

Unless you were going to shoot them in the eye.

How very "grassy knoll" an impressive shot hitting the smallest target of the three. I'm sure the crime watch reconstruction will be more dramatic than the actual event.

In no way do I condone the shooting of children that aren't old enough to run. :wink:

Probably more to this story than is being reported. I bet it was yet another toddler savaging a dog and a concerned citizen was just trying to put the vicious brat down.

Toddlers ... muzzle them, licence them and keep them on a leash ... for everyones sake.

Britain, Britain, Britain, when the people of Britain are tired of their children they take them to a park for a shooting.

Seriously though, this just isn't cricket!

How many times do I have to say it - location, location, location...

Anyone who goes toddler shooting in 'a field' is going to be disappointed. It doesn't matter how many plastic toddler decoys are in your pattern, you are never going to attract the numbers for a really good day. No - spend some time on reconnaissance, and choose a nice playground with some swings, or an ice cream van perhaps. Dropping-off time at creches offer fantastic sport - but get there early!

Did they not have a rottweiler?

Me and my mate used to play this airgun game..

we used the lid from a vcr and bent it round our chests, then took turns in shooting eachother!

Also shooting tree rats with an airgun, then pinning them to a post and opening up with a shotgun untill they come apart is equally fun..

or the creme da la creme is lighting a bonfire and getting nice hot embers,then put a full can of baked beans sat upright with a dead tree rat ontop untill the explosion happens and see it ripped in half and cover`d in beans.

also helps that you can eat afterwards(well whats left anyway!(beans n squirrel yum!!

great bang too!

what it was to be young eh