Todays Times - Headley Court

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jack-daniels, Dec 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn't agree with you more. But what can we do about it? The answer is to join BAFF and get all your mates to join BAFF so that we can tell them at the highest level what we all know to be wrong. A single voice won't do much good but united we can show them up for what they are.

2. Putting the politics aside, a truly inspirational piece.
    Best wishes and good luck to these guys.

3. Said before
    There does seem to be a ground swell of media and public appreciation
    Lets hope it long continues
    Truly inspiring piece

4. Maybe the likes of Richard Branson,Bill Gates,or dare I say it,The Duke of Westminster,be approached,£5m to them would be a nice lttle tax write-off!

But as been said before £5m,from a government,who spend that annually,on perks,expenses,overseas fact finding trips etc. Is little enough to ask? :x

5. Why not re-classify Headley Court as a place where injured ex-service personnel are taught ballet and opera? The millions will roll in from the National Lottery.

6. Perhaps this comment about the report explains the need for live vivisection on humans?

"How come they're heroes? They knew what the job was before they signed up for their overpaid jaunts abroad to kill foreigners. I wish they'd stop whining and getting far too much coverage in the media.

Annabelle Reade, Devizes, Wiltshire, England"

7. "How come they're heroes? They knew what the job was before they signed up for their overpaid jaunts abroad to kill foreigners. I wish they'd stop whining and getting far too much coverage in the media.

Annabelle Reade, Devizes, Wiltshire, England"

She's obviously some bint that got nailed up the hoop by some bill oddie from warminster!

8. I am no apologist for this bunch of crooks, but it was the Tories who dismantled our medical services against the advice of everyone who was serving at the time.

Litotes

9. Got any evidence for that claim? Oh, I am sure they reduced those services. They reduced a lot of things millitary. OTOH, we was going through the big changes of the cold war ending.

AFAIK, it was THIS Labour government that sent us into several wars while still reducing the defence spending. Not quite the same thing!

I do not consider the Conservatives perfect. But it is Laour that I consider treacherous.