Today's the day - who's for the chop?

Hands up all those with a Brown Envelope.

I can't help thinking of what we went through in the early '90s. Once again at the hands of a Tory Government, supposed friends of the Military. I feel a bit like a turkey that voted for Christmas - no-one I know in Green voted for anything other than the Tories in the last General Election and how do they reward us? Yep, by giving us a ******* good shafting.

Options for Change, for those who don't remember it, was a brutal savaging of our Armed Forces stemming from the John Major's so called 'Peace Dividend'. The Army lost 45,000 folk over three years. I administered Phase 1 in my Battalion and jumped out in Phase 2.

The whole thing was a shambles and morale across the board was decimated. So, here we are again. Hark at the Labour nark on the wireless this morning critising the falling of today's axe. Politicians - I shit 'em.

Good luck and best wishes to those of you who are on the off.

The reason the Tories always have to be the nasty party is they have to routinely clear up the clusterfuck of the previous, Labour, government.

Anyway - the 90's was different - that had a specific downsizing for operational reasons. The cold war finished and we simply didn't need the same amount of troops.

Went though that in the 90s as well but as I was the wrong trade to volunteer for Phase 1 and the wrong rank for Phase 2 I had to soldier on.

I wonder if we will ever find out this time how many jumped and how many were pushed?

And to those who have got a strange letter in the post - civie street isn't all shite.

Riddle me this Batman -

It is September the first, 2011. I am bitter and twisted?

The reason the Tories always have to be the nasty party is they have to routinely clear up the clusterfuck of the previous, Labour, government.

Anyway - the 90's was different - that had a specific downsizing for operational reasons. The cold war finished and we simply didn't need the same amount of troops.
So, the two incidents that Queenie mentions regarding slashing troops numbers were in the 90's, that you remark were 'different', and todays tranche. So how do the Tories 'routinely' clear up after Labour?

Please can you supply other examples of this happening?

LIMA

Old-Salt
Dear Soldiers,

The army will close WEF 01 September 2012 - this will give you time to drive fast, get pissed and shag anything that has a Pulse before the world ends on 21 Dec 2012.

with Kind regards..The Gubmint

Nurse....I think its happened again!

Good job the government have already made plans for us to lose the war in Afghanistan otherwise we'd be losing it anyway.

Personally the forces should remove "Stable Employment" from its list of plus points for potential applicants.

It should read "Stable, aslong as we're playing World Police with the yanks"

Dear Soldiers,

The army will close WEF 01 September 2012 - this will give you time to drive fast, get pissed and shag anything that has a Pulse before the world ends on 21 Dec 2012.

with Kind regards..The Gubmint

Nurse....I think its happened again!

Never mind. We'll have several Olympic gold medals by then and the morale of the country will still be at an all time high on that date. That should give our business community an overseas boost in the selection stakes. Our athletes can pitch up in their tracksuits, with our flag draped over their shoulders. That'll settle the natives, keep the flow of oil and discourage any uppity dictators from getting it together on the vollyball pitch. Yessireeeeeeee.

I can't help thinking of what we went through in the early '90s. Once again at the hands of a Tory Government, supposed friends of the Military. I feel a bit like a turkey that voted for Christmas - no-one I know in Green voted for anything other than the Tories in the last General Election and how do they reward us? Yep, by giving us a ******* good shafting.

Options for Change, for those who don't remember it, was a brutal savaging of our Armed Forces stemming from the John Major's so called 'Peace Dividend'. The Army lost 45,000 folk over three years. I administered Phase 1 in my Battalion and jumped out in Phase 2.

The whole thing was a shambles and morale across the board was decimated. So, here we are again. Hark at the Labour nark on the wireless this morning critising the falling of today's axe. Politicians - I shit 'em.

Good luck and best wishes to those of you who are on the off.
Better shit us some good ones in future cos this bunch are lower than a snakes ********.

So, the two incidents that Queenie mentions regarding slashing troops numbers were in the 90's, that you remark were 'different', and todays tranche. So how do the Tories 'routinely' clear up after Labour?

Please can you supply other examples of this happening?
Specifically regarding forces cuts or general repairing of the country?

If only Chile would invade British Antarctic Territory maybe would could have inf with county names again and cav as fractions!

These cuts will serve UK PLC badly in years to come, just as all cuts have in the past.

watched a red tab waffle on about how good the resettlement package is wonderful.

Utter garbage.

I walked out of the transition workshop on day two after listening to her drone on over nothing other than CV CV and more CV's I pointed out to her that the 4 jobs I was in the running for only 1 asked for a CV.
I asked her was that at odds with her own experience in the recruiting/HR world she answered oh no I'm in PR this is just a sideline.

Promptly walked out phoned the RCMO informed him I was not in the frame of mind to listen to a PR rep cuff it and waffle he being the gent he is said OK i will stand by for the incoming from CTW and that was that.

I walked straight into employment by trawling papers and Internet and careful Filling out of Application forms. Something CTW should have been concentrating on instead of 90's Esq
CV'S and hiring experts in the Field and not PR reps who's attributes center round wizardry with power point and having nice legs and arse.

no point debating if it is labour or tory fault. There may have been a time when each party was decidedly different, but todays politicians off all parties are all on the same train, you only have to look at recent events with false claims etc. when they are out of power they spend their time undermining the party in power. when they are in power they claim they are clearing up the mess left behind. What they all do is feather their nests for their future, not yours or your children/grandchildren. Who will ever know how many millions are squandered on simply undermining the other parties, they are all at it and they are all the same.

I do not normally post on these forums as too much to do since the days of turning out 5 minutes before the 5 minutes before the 5 minutes.

However, what a lot of people do not seem to grasp is that we have always cut back our forces when peace is upon our great nation.

You can track this back to Roman times when the cohorts were returned to Rome or disbanded and then when trouble flares the ranks are raised again.

Just wait until the country is next dragged into a world war of some discription, however I fear that our liberal way of life thus far may be the downfall of this country.

For Sale - Country with no culture, up for grabs. 1st come, 1st served.

WAR...HUHHH! What is it good for?
Well, apart from job security, adventure, excitement, great bonuses, getting a sun tan for free, increases in business for the economy, export sales in weapons, outsourcing training to dictatorships and tin pot countries, rapid advancement in technology, to mention just a few. I know that no compulsory redundancies were needed for the 9 REME Aircraft Technician slots in tranche 1. In fact, i heard that there are about a hundred dissapointed people who didn't get it. Says a lot about the current state of morale in the Army.

B

Biscuits_AB

And how many warnings were you given on this site? At your age, you should have known better.