Todays recruit...

I found this while browsing a facebook group and thought it might raise a chuckle.

a lot of people get accepted into the rifles because of the fact there are five divisions. this doesn't mean it is any more or any less difficult to be accepted but for myself who intends to be an army officer all companies and regiments are allocated an amount of officers they can have each semester (out of Sandhurst) the same goes for military academies. The Rifles may have five divisions and are indeed currently training alongside the toughest of the tough (i.e marines and S.A.S) as well as currently serving overseas, they are indeed one of the best (in a now reduced number since the Royal Irish Regiment have dropped off the map) of the light companies in the world. I am happy to say that i wish to be a psychologist in the military but i am happy that i applied to the Rifles- they are (sadly unlike the other light regiments) an institution, albeit a dying one.
Five divisions of Riflemen! No wonder theres no overstretch.

RustyH said:
I found this while browsing a facebook group and thought it might raise a chuckle.

a lot of people get accepted into the rifles because of the fact there are five divisions. this doesn't mean it is any more or any less difficult to be accepted but for myself who intends to be an army officer all companies and regiments are allocated an amount of officers they can have each semester (out of Sandhurst) the same goes for military academies. The Rifles may have five divisions and are indeed currently training alongside the toughest of the tough (i.e marines and S.A.S) as well as currently serving overseas, they are indeed one of the best (in a now reduced number since the Royal Irish Regiment have dropped off the map) of the light companies in the world. I am happy to say that i wish to be a psychologist in the military but i am happy that i applied to the Rifles- they are (sadly unlike the other light regiments) an institution, albeit a dying one.
Five divisions of Riflemen! No wonder theres no overstretch.
Perhaps a little unkind to say it, but let us hope that this lad is (very) young and has yet to engage with the Army recruiting machine (and incidentally, recieve education in basic literacy). Otherwise we really need to worry about the message being put out (not to mention the quality of our potential officers)!

Ah that's a relief. I thought this was going to be another rant by an aging officer about the poor quality of upcoming recruits. Though i imagine it'l only take a few posts till that happens.

cpunk

LE
J_E_P said:
Ah that's a relief. I thought this was going to be another rant by an aging officer about the poor quality of upcoming recruits. Though i imagine it'l only take a few posts till that happens.
Harumph... youth of today... declining literacy standards... Daily Telegraph... in my day... National Service... grammar schools... etc etc etc.

Will that do?

cpunk said:
J_E_P said:
Harumph... youth of today... declining literacy standards... Daily Telegraph... in my day... National Service... grammar schools... etc etc etc.

Will that do?
I feel much better, even more so because i now feel your fulfilling the needs of not just the organisation, but of the individual aswell.
In fact just through that i feel renewed fervour with respect to my application, why? Because i can see you already expect a high standard of me, believe me when i say this, i won't disappoint.

J_E_P said:
cpunk said:
J_E_P said:

Will that do?
I feel much better, even more so because i now feel your fulfilling the needs of not just the organisation, but of the individual aswell.
In fact just through that i feel renewed fervour with respect to my application, why? Because i can see you already expect a high standard of me, believe me when i say this, i won't disappoint.
:roll:

in a now reduced number since the Royal Irish Regiment have dropped off the map
Have we?!?! does that mean I'm out of a job?! My PSAO will hear about this... oh wait, he'll be out of a job aswell!

:p

-PAN

Latest Threads