Todays recruit...

Discussion in 'Officers' started by RustyH, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this while browsing a facebook group and thought it might raise a chuckle.

Five divisions of Riflemen! No wonder theres no overstretch.
  2. Perhaps a little unkind to say it, but let us hope that this lad is (very) young and has yet to engage with the Army recruiting machine (and incidentally, recieve education in basic literacy). Otherwise we really need to worry about the message being put out (not to mention the quality of our potential officers)!
  3. Ah that's a relief. I thought this was going to be another rant by an aging officer about the poor quality of upcoming recruits. Though i imagine it'l only take a few posts till that happens.
  4. He wanted to be a psychologist in the army? They don't have uniformed psychologists, sadly.
  5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Harumph... youth of today... declining literacy standards... Daily Telegraph... in my day... National Service... grammar schools... etc etc etc.

Will that do?
  6. I feel much better, even more so because i now feel your fulfilling the needs of not just the organisation, but of the individual aswell.
    In fact just through that i feel renewed fervour with respect to my application, why? Because i can see you already expect a high standard of me, believe me when i say this, i won't disappoint.
  7. :roll:
  8. A combination of sarcasm and honesty. Generally it leaves people with that expression.
  9. Have we?!?! does that mean I'm out of a job?! My PSAO will hear about this... oh wait, he'll be out of a job aswell!