Todays efforts for the Queen

Yeah I know a nice post in the NAAFI... But you know what, I watched the ceremonies and the parades and the bands and the salutes today and my overwhelming feeling is one of swelling pride in my chest in what our armed forces have demonstrated today. Fantastic stuff, well done one and all. And the Guardsmen doing a caps off salute with cheers to the Queen in front of Buckingham Palace. As I watched that it got quite dusty in here I can tell you.
If you were involved, either directly or indirectly, I'd like you to know that it was much appreciated in this corner of the country. /images/smilies/icon_thumleft.gif

Yes nothing like the spotaneity of being ordered to remove your headress and shout hurrah by the fucking numbers!!

Yes nothing like the spotaneity of being ordered to remove your headress and shout hurrah by the fucking numbers!!
Ha. Yeah I figured they'd probably practised that once or twice... Never seen it happen before though and it came across well to me at least. I reckon her Majesty appreciated it too.

I see you're still taking the miserable pills!!!!

I see you're still taking the miserable pills!!!!

Mutter mutter grumble shove the Jubilee up your arse mutter mutter......

Still they've probably managed to off HRH Prince Phillip making him stand about all day without taking a piss, another day off soon.

I was in the forecourt piping. One of the proudest days of my army career. The crowd chanting "we want the queen!" made the hair on the back of my next stand up. Definitely a day to remember and tell the grandkids about.

All the bah humbug grumpys can get fucked. I had fun.

I was in the forecourt piping. One of the proudest days of my army career. The crowd chanting "we want the queen!" made the hair on the back of my next stand up. Definitely a day to remember and tell the grandkids about.

All the bah humbug grumpys can get fucked. I had fun.

Turned up for Elton John concert had they?

Turned up for Elton John concert had they?
I put this in the NAAFI so that people could feel free to have a dig if they want as it's part of the craic. But people who have a dig like you're doing on an army website seem to have lost their way somewhat. It's a shame you're being so negative about it which says more about you than the Jubilee celebrations.
If it's Ok with you though, I'll also feel free to ignore your comments because I think you might be a teeny little bit of a grumpy pants. My four year old son thought the soldiers in their smart uniforms looked fantastic and he was so impressed with the field gun salutes too. I'll sit with my lad and be happy for him and his wonder at the spectacle of it all.

Twas a long stand for some of those lads. But Facebook tells me they all had a good time nonetheless! One of the few times you don't mind street lining or stagging on.

I took part in not thinking that the countries fucked, skint, but lets forget all that and waste money on entertaining foriegners

It didn't cost much,the squaddies get paid 24/7, the waiters had been sleeping under the arches, and the cops have lost double time on bank holidays.
Cheap I say.