Builds Todays bargain haul.

So today I was on my way home from the docs and passed by my friendly local hobby shop. It was open and I've not bought any plastic for a long time, so in a I wandered. Whilst there I spotted the kits below, a wokka wokka and a Saladin. Feeling flush with it being the day between pay day and bills day, I splurged. The Saladin was the pricey one at 50 of the Queens finest English pounds, but the wokka* was a bargain, a cash only sale at 20 notes (I think its a returned unwanted gift or something). Anyway, I hope to provide progress photos as I get into each kit. I apologise now for the lack of technique and skill, these are the first non GW kits I have built for years.

I'm not convinced its an accurate, realistic kit, as all the parts are there and in working order... :p

Attachments

I'm not a model maker myself but I did notice my local Lidle has some small Airfix models on sale at reasonable prices.

I'm not a model maker myself but I did notice my local Lidle has some small Airfix models on sale at reasonable prices.
I've seen those in my local Aldi. They're not the scale I like to build, I go for 1:35 or 1:32, and I think they're 1:72. They are great starter kits though, and I think they come with a brush, glue and paints. Great value.

They did these last Christmas. Its the newer 1/72nd range of popular stuff. Spit Mk1a, Hurri, Me109 etc. Thing is these things are usually £7-£10 retail. Aldi were doing them for a fiver last year. I;m keeping an eye out at my two local stores so I can pick up the Hurri & the Me, both good little kits & for a fiver super value.

Facebook Market Place is always a great place to look for unwanted kits, just go on it and punch in 'Model Kits'. There's some excellent bargains to be had, and it's generally locally listed according to where you are based.

Facebook Market Place is always a great place to look for unwanted kits, just go on it and punch in 'Model Kits'. There's some excellent bargains to be had, and it's generally locally listed according to where you are based.
I was going to ask if anyone had used marketplace. I try to sell some of my stuff i've done plus i accept commissions. I hate ebay with the scammers & paypal/ebay being a bunch of gimps when it comes to disputes with buyers/sellers so looking for additional outlets to sell via.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M The NAAFI Bar 1
Berlin_104s Finance, Property, Law 12
Barrack Room Lawyer RLC 8