TODAY PROGRAMME

ARRSE "One popular army website" quoted as having 90% no confidence in Brown. (94% since I added my vote to the thread!)

When? They didn't use it on the earlier edition that I heard.

Who had the question of the unpalatable figures asked of him?

Some good quotes from ARRSE - I think we need to encourage the BBC towards the expression, "ARRSE" - They need a new buzz phrase now that "war on terror" is so yesterday.

ARRSE really is the new black.

Interesting to hear Eric Joyce MP, speaking on the Today program saying that he got his information from what he'd read in the papers. Are we to believe that speaking on an issue such as this, the Government puts forward a spokesman, whose knowledge of the subject has not been briefed to him through government mechanisms?

The statement by Eric Joyce that this website has "many racist and homophoebic views" as a way to "rubbish" the opinion indicated in the main on this website is a disgrace.

Ubique

cpunk

LE
ABrighter2006 said:
Some good quotes from ARRSE - I think we need to encourage the BBC towards the expression, "ARRSE" - They need a new buzz phrase now that "war on terror" is so yesterday.

ARRSE really is the new black.

Interesting to hear Eric Joyce MP, speaking on the Today program saying that he got his information from what he'd read in the papers. Are we to believe that speaking on an issue such as this, the Government puts forward a spokesman, whose knowledge of the subject has not been briefed to him through government mechanisms?

The statement by Eric Joyce that this website has "many racist and homophoebic views" as a way to "rubbish" the opinion indicated in the main on this website is a disgrace.

Ubique
...and probably legally defamatory of the moderators as well! Mr Joyce ought to remember that the Today programme doesn't carry any form of Parliamentary privilege. There's certainly some homophobia knocking around on Arrse, but the moderators and admins are very clear on their duty to remove any racist remarks which get posted here.

Joyce, yes?

We know his views on the military

The major, who has served in Northern Ireland, Belize and Germany, described the army as being run by a coterie of white, male, privately-educated generals and said it was rife with racism and sexism.

In March this year, senior officers described Major Joyce as "unemployable", having lost the trust of his fellow officers - the recognised first step towards a discharge from the army
No change in his opinions then :roll:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Eric Joyce, MP for Falkirk, tried to negate the comments on ARRSE when he stated, "there's quite a bit of racism and homophobia on that site anyway."

Once again proving that these clowns haven't a Scooby about squaddie humour.
He must have been confused as a Jock in the 'Watch ! No wonder he went to the AGC.

If he'd have taken more than a cursory glance at the site he would have seen that his statement was, shall we say 'inaccurate' ?
No, lets put it in Bliarspeak, it was 'spin' - a word that those of us who have more than a passing command of the English language understand to mean 'lies.'

Mr Joyce, if you ever read the site again please do so properly and see exactly how genuine racist and homophobic comments are dealt with - not only by the moderators but by serving and ex-serving members.

This is the glib 'gentleman':

He'll probably not be interested in your views if they differ from the Party line, but you may contact him here:

Constituency
Eric Joyce MP
The Studio
Burnfoot Lane
Falkirk
FK1 5BH
email mcintyrem@parliament.uk
phone 01324 638919

Westminster
Eric Joyce MP
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA
email ericjoycemp@parliament.uk
phone 020 7219 6210

Mr Joyce has served:

Eric Joyce MP was born on the 13th October 1960. He lived in Perth with his family for most of his infant and teenage years before joining the army in 1978. Initially a private in the Black Watch, Eric went on to attend the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst and was commissioned into the Adjutant General's Corps in 1987. During his time in the army, Eric served in the UK, Northern Ireland, Germany and Central America.

He left the army in 1999
And the tale of his leaving shows that his opinions of the Army have changed little in the intervening 8 years:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/226266.stm

F

fozzy

Just a random thought, but.....

I wonder if ARRSE is now seen as such a threat by the current administration. that the NuLabour Mothership has briefed to its droids, a standard rebutal ("its homophobic and racist" ) to be used when confronted with a Jurno's question on ARRSE statements?

fozzy said:
Just a random thought, but.....

I wonder if ARRSE is now seen as such a threat by the current administration. that the NuLabour Mothership has briefed to its droids, a standard rebutal ("its homophobic and racist" ) to be used when confronted with a Jurno's question on ARRSE statements?
Do they accept that ARRSE is representative of the British Army (nay the Armed Forces) as a whole? If so they are effectively declaring the Army to be racist and homophobic. If this is the case are they doing anything to redress this?

Fortunately we already know that Mr Joyce is a c0ck of the highest order.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
cpunk said:
ABrighter2006 said:

Ubique
...and probably legally defamatory of the moderators as well! Mr Joyce ought to remember that the Today programme doesn't carry any form of Parliamentary privilege. There's certainly some homophobia knocking around on Arrse, but the moderators and admins are very clear on their duty to remove any racist remarks which get posted here.
Aye, probably no more, and very likely much less, than is found in any other area of society.

Reference the defamatory remarks about the site, are there any lawyers reading this that could provide an accurate opinion of the likelihood of such a case succeeding ?
Is there an 'in point' prescedent ?

Scouting for Boys said:
Anyone going to complain to the BBC?
Don't bother complaining - the BBC will be far too busy fielding complaints from 'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' about Start the Week, because......

(wait for it)

Someone said the F word. On Radio 4. At approx 0905. (Faints) :D

I think that there is little or no chance of Brown getting the chop. It will hand Iran another stick with which to hit the government and with which the Iranians can support their own position along the lines of 'look we bought down the minister of defence over a minor incident' which the government wouldn't want to have to stomach and to be frank the conservatives wouldn't really want Britain to look foolish either. He will be moved aside under the next leader if it happens.

The site owners should demand the right of reply as the BBC is a public service broadcaster. They could paraphrase Mr Joyce's comments something along the lines of:
'The labour party - there's quite a bit of incompetence, ineptitude and dissembling in that party isn't there'.

After all, why let m'learned friends make a few bob?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you missed it, you can hear us being called racists and homophobes here.

That tool Eric Joyce used to be my MP when I lived in Falkirk. Parachuted in when Dennis Canavan fcuked them off in the Scottish elections.

Well once again Liabour trying to spin there way out of trouble, and creating a crisis out of a drama.

I will be interested in what he has too say too my self regarding "many homophoebic views" on this site! Clearly he is a typical 'arrogant straight man' porporting too represent how 'I a lesbian woman feels'!

Yes some people are robust and some have said there not comfortable with Homosexual men and Women, some have issues with the current Imigration policeys or lack of them in this country.

Well 'Mr Joyce' guess what that is their right to debate and discuss these things, that is neither "Racist or Homophoebic".

Also any use of inflammatory language, racial or homophobic slurs are stamped on from a great height by the Mods. I wish You tube or the Scum or many other forums where Moderated as well.

Liabour get me so angry the way they use 'Minority's' to politik rather than treat us as just people!

to angry to check for grammar and spelling

halo_jones said:
Well once again Liabour trying to spin there way out of trouble, and creating a crisis out of a drama.

I will be interested in what he has too say too my self regarding "many homophoebic views" on this site! Clearly he is a typical 'arrogant straight man' porporting too represent how 'I a lesbian woman feels'!

Yes some people are robust and some have said there not comfortable with Homosexual men and Women, some have issues with the current Imigration policeys or lack of them in this country.

Well 'Mr Joyce' guess what that is their right to debate and discuss these things, that is neither "Racist or Homophoebic".

Also any use of inflammatory language, racial or homophobic slurs are stamped on from a great height by the Mods. I wish You tube or the Scum or many other forums where Moderated as well.

Liabour get me so angry the way they use 'Minority's' to politik rather than treat us as just people!

to angry to check for grammar and spelling
This is clearly no place for you then

Latest Threads