today on RT

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by Grumblegrunt, Aug 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

a doco on the walt and peace show which is quite funny.

'early morning and each group spends it in their own way, the french sip wine and chat, the british make tea while the yanks sip coca cola. meanwhile the germans are having a combat readiness drill' :)
  2. That sounds about right. I was at the show from 2000 to 2008 and every morning the Germans were all out on parade and doing drills while everyone else was still dragging their arses out their pits...
  3. Link ?

For the record,The Brits,the French,and the Germans,were all sitting around wearing dark glasses (the morning after),the Americans were still asleep.

To get a hot to warm shower,you had to be up at stupid 'o' clock,so you didn't have to queue.

As for 'Walt and Peace show' I did 22+,what's your excuse? :cool:
  4. RoofRat- you never got into the habit of showering at 1am before heading to bed then? The place is empty at that hour, all the hot water you could possibly want, and no dust to make you filthy again on the way back to your camp.

I miss the show. I was one of the marshals in Americas Field (although I spent more time feeding the guys on the off-road course and the other marshals than actually yelling at people in tanks)... Not been the last few years because of health issues :(
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

6. Magrat did you share showers? ;)