Quite an interesting and somewhat sad story as to the fate of the memorialsA year almost exactly before and not far away, Capt E.B. Lorraine RE and Staff Sgt R.H.V. Wilson died in a crash near Stonehenge (7 July 1912). Airman’s Corner, or Cross, is named after them.
English Heritage have some explaining to do – missing from public view for five years, the plaque marking the re-dedication of the Airman’s Cross in 1996 has been found when a garden in Salisbury w…
" Airman’s Corner is now a roundabout and relocated alongside the new Stonehenge Visitor Centre the Airman’s Cross has an ice cream van for company, the luridly liveried vehicle being connected to adjacent permanent wiring. "