• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Today I saw.................................

not today but last week........
I saw nice shiny stable belts falling off officers as they hadnt done them up before marching past HRH.
I didn't see it, but I've heard about it. Apparently it was the highlight of the day...

The Corps Colonel didn't give them enough time to don fiddly belts after HRH returned to the dais

How we laughed at the other end of the rank, having the benefit of all the polite chit-chat time to put ours on!

25 years and the Corps is still finding ways to plumb new depths.

Today I saw an Imam giving a brief on what the army should be doing for Ramadan, apparently its the army has to make allowances for those who don't fancy going on exercises, duties or PT.

A great play for a SJAR tick when someone suggested an extra days leave for Muslims at the end of Ramandan.

That shit recruiting advert that shows everyone on patrol stopping for a Muslim to pray is now standard in Sandhurst, (Everyone gets a 10 minute break at various times on exercise to use as they wish).

Also the Hijab is now part of the official uniform.

There was the usual officers either fawning over the Iman and/or being massively out of touch with the realities of the shop floor.

1. Today I saw an Imam giving a brief on what the army should be doing for Ramadan, apparently its the army has to make allowances for those who don't fancy going on exercises, duties or PT.

2. A great play for a SJAR tick when someone suggested an extra days leave for Muslims at the end of Ramandan.

3. That shit recruiting advert that shows everyone on patrol stopping for a Muslim to pray is now standard in Sandhurst, (Everyone gets a 10 minute break at various times on exercise to use as they wish).

4. Also the Hijab is now part of the official uniform.

5. There was the usual officers either fawning over the Iman and/or being massively out of touch with the realities of the shop floor.
(My paragraphs)
1. We already do...if we're the kind of people who value our people and make allowances for them. From this to giving some scrote PAD the afternoon off to look after their snot-nosed kids "due to child care issues innit" the Army is a very flexible employer. My civvy employer isn't particularly arsed about my dental appointments so I have to work them into my time off rather than using work time and free transport.

2. I'd imagine most Muslims in the Armed Forces already stick in a day leave for Eid. And you'll be whinging if they don't do Christmas Duties "cos they don't celebrate it anyway!".

3. Source please. And context. Is this to ensure we're not fragging people in the heat?

4. Source please. And quote it, don't just fob me off with "it's in QRs". The Turban has been in for years. I'm sure if Muslim Women had been serving for as long as Sikhs then some form of headdress adjustment would already have been made.

5. I'll give you that. We can be out of touch sometimes. How's about, as a SNCO/WO (I'm guessing...), you use your tact and years of experience to discuss this discreetly with your Commander who I'm sure values your opinion? Or is the shop floor not actually bothered?

(My paragraphs)
1. We already do...if we're the kind of people who value our people and make allowances for them. From this to giving some scrote PAD the afternoon off to look after their snot-nosed kids "due to child care issues innit" the Army is a very flexible employer. My civvy employer isn't particularly arsed about my dental appointments so I have to work them into my time off rather than using work time and free transport.

2. I'd imagine most Muslims in the Armed Forces already stick in a day leave for Eid. And you'll be whinging if they don't do Christmas Duties "cos they don't celebrate it anyway!".

3. Source please. And context. Is this to ensure we're not fragging people in the heat?

4. Source please. And quote it, don't just fob me off with "it's in QRs". The Turban has been in for years. I'm sure if Muslim Women had been serving for as long as Sikhs then some form of headdress adjustment would already have been made.

5. I'll give you that. We can be out of touch sometimes. How's about, as a SNCO/WO (I'm guessing...), you use your tact and years of experience to discuss this discreetly with your Commander who I'm sure values your opinion? Or is the shop floor not actually bothered?
1, We already don't, based on someones religion. Secondly, well done for pretending an afternoon off for an admin case is exactly the same as no duties, exercises or PT for 30 days for one religion. The Iman's example of why we should let Muslims go for prayers during the working day is because we allow smokers to have a cigarette, the big difference being smokers don't have the right to a break if there is a lot of work on.

2, You imagine wrong. Ialso didn't say **** all about them or anyone else whinging about Christmas day, however when was the last time the Army said all Christians can have Christmas off? Oh that's right, never, clearly they aren't so important as a certain other religions.

3, The source was the Iman, he said its now standard to take ten minute breaks while on exercise in Sandhurst. (For everyone).

4, The source was again the Iman, he was talking about dressing modestly and his words were along the lines of, "The hijab is now part of the MOD uniform policy" He also put up pictures of female Muslims wearing No2 trousers instead of a skirt.

5, The Commander made his feelings quite clear. Maple has a similar way of arguing on ARRSE, if you disagree with him you are a Nazi. The Commander did not use those words, but made sure he we all knew to be tolerant , that he couldn't see why Muslims couldn't do this or that, that its up to the CoC to stop Muslims from doing PT during Ramadan and was coming out with some frankly unworkable ideas (While talking about common sense) with the emphasis on being its up to the audience to make them work.

The shop floor does indeed ******* care, do you think it practical to allow soldiers to miss any exercises, duties and PT for a 30 day period, forget their religion, if any group of soldiers decided to chin all that off, is it reasonable? I would suggest not, yet all of a sudden it becomes reasonable when a religion wants it.

The army is leaving itself wide open for every other religion to pile in with their special needs.

They would only need to have time off for 30 days during hours of daylight, bung them on a night shift for 30 days, problem solved.
You are beginning to sound like the senior officers who can't see any problems, like night shift not being suitable for everyone due to quals, trade, rank or numbers needed.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
They would only need to have time off for 30 days during hours of daylight, bung them on a night shift for 30 days, problem solved.
You are beginning to sound like the senior officers who can't see any problems, like night shift not being suitable for everyone due to quals, trade, rank or numbers needed.
Shove them on camp guard overnight.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Shove them on camp guard overnight.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That would assume that they are all toms, all capable of guard, they match the exact number of guard needed, that there is shift system for guard that matches day/night and its not 24 on/off.

1, We already don't, based on someones religion. Secondly, well done for pretending an afternoon off for an admin case is exactly the same as no duties, exercises or PT for 30 days for one religion. The Iman's example of why we should let Muslims go for prayers during the working day is because we allow smokers to have a cigarette, the big difference being smokers don't have the right to a break if there is a lot of work on.

2, You imagine wrong. Ialso didn't say **** all about them or anyone else whinging about Christmas day, however when was the last time the Army said all Christians can have Christmas off? Oh that's right, never, clearly they aren't so important as a certain other religions.

3, The source was the Iman, he said its now standard to take ten minute breaks while on exercise in Sandhurst. (For everyone).

4, The source was again the Iman, he was talking about dressing modestly and his words were along the lines of, "The hijab is now part of the MOD uniform policy" He also put up pictures of female Muslims wearing No2 trousers instead of a skirt.

5, The Commander made his feelings quite clear. Maple has a similar way of arguing on ARRSE, if you disagree with him you are a Nazi. The Commander did not use those words, but made sure he we all knew to be tolerant , that he couldn't see why Muslims couldn't do this or that, that its up to the CoC to stop Muslims from doing PT during Ramadan and was coming out with some frankly unworkable ideas (While talking about common sense) with the emphasis on being its up to the audience to make them work.

The shop floor does indeed ******* care, do you think it practical to allow soldiers to miss any exercises, duties and PT for a 30 day period, forget their religion, if any group of soldiers decided to chin all that off, is it reasonable? I would suggest not, yet all of a sudden it becomes reasonable when a religion wants it.

The army is leaving itself wide open for every other religion to pile in with their special needs.
Resolution is simple. Amend JPA to record your religion as 'Muslim'. Can't be disputed and, if it is, simply lodge a SC for harassment and discrimination.

Resolution is simple. Amend JPA to record your religion as 'Muslim'. Can't be disputed and, if it is, simply lodge a SC for harassment and discrimination.
Muslims arent supposed to drink alcohol, **** that.

You can drink as much as you wish - or do anything else you please. Can't be challenged or changed unless at your choice.
Tempting but doesnt really help when Im trying to run a Troop or Sqn.

Today I saw...The RLC doing a Star Wars ‘May the fourth’ video. Hmmm

That's our recruiting sorted, they'll be climbing over the fences to join the RLC