• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Toast Conundrum

Which one?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So anyway, I find myself with a spare few admin minutes and thought I'd make some toast. Following a discussion during 'tea and toast' the other day, I thought I'd throw this open to you all. Plus it's midweek and I'm bored of leave already.

Here is my toast - the question is 'Which way to cut it?'

Option 1 or Option 2?

Thanks.

Someone has just suggested a third intriguing option: vertically.

Now that's just sick.

I'm off the opinion that Option 2 tastes nicer, but only with butter.

If you plan for some reason to dunk in your tea cut it option 2 for dunking effectivness and easier ediblity and if you have more than 1 slice it looks more ally and posh if you stack them option 2's way, but now i look option 1 has a traditional yet suarve charm to it and could improve optional taste with the topping you plan to put on it since their is a bigger non crust area which might be more alluring to your sense.
But thats just what i think anyway Option 2 i would reccomend.

Cal

No.1 if your just want something to eat.

No.2 if your trying to impress a lady, run a hotel or if its just for you a bit gay.

The vertical slice option was noticeable by it's abscence but it would be only used by attention seeking mongs.

I do agee wth the previous protocols, but also:

If you're having something like marmite, peanut butter or sandwich spread on it .... then option 1.

If you're having jam or marmalade ..... then option 2.

err...what about dippy in the egg toast soldiers....surely an option 4????

Thank Gawd! I thought this was going to be the old one about a cat landing on its feet and toast landing butter side down :crying:

Glad it's not! :D

On thread: I thought it was 1 for Lidl bread and 2 for Marks & Spencers?

EX_STAB said:
The vertical slice option was noticeable by it's abscence but it would be only used by attention seeking mongs.
The current Mrs Rockpile - who is of an Oriental persuasion- thought that the vertical slice was the obvious way. She has, of course, been educated but it shows that not everyone thinks the same. I will tell her that she is an attention seeking mong though.

Don't cut it, fold it (along line 3, for symmetry). It's one less direction for the egg/marmalade/Marmite* to escape.

*delete according to taste.

Option 2.

Fewer crust-laden corners which tend to get left (parents who can't get their kids to eat their crusts take note).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Seniors 13
diehard57 Military History and Militaria 45
Jorrocks Cookery 126