To YIM: Re. Garmin 60Csx mapping GPS

Discussion in 'Christmas Auctions' started by eodmatt, Dec 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. YIM, I just upgraded my GPS gear and have a spare GPS as per thread title. I tried to send you a PM, but couldn't post a pic of the item. Anyway if you want to auction it for the cause, its in used (2 years old - some of the lettering is worn off a couple of the buttons), but perfect working order. I have used it in Honkers, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, UK and Peru. If I can be arrsed I will load a set of UK maps on it (if I can find them).

If you can get a few bob for it for the lads, fill yer boots. It cost me 350 quid new, but they are now about 200 quid.

IMG_1983.jpg

2. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

What a great item !! :thumright:
    Thank you very much for it, eodmatt. :)

It's probably too late to do another quickie ... there aren't a lot of ARRSErs around during the weekends.
    And if we let it run at least for two 'busy days' then it's Tuesday evening and from all I know about the Snail Mail it will never make it to the winning bidder before Christmas.

Perhaps it would be better to leave it for the next 'auction batch' - which will take place end of January.
    Would that be ok with you ?
    At least it would give you a cpl weeks to find those maps ... if you can be ARRSEd to search for them. ;-)

Just let me know what you think.

And a big thank you again. :)

3. No worries. However I will not be in country after the first few days in January, thank ****. So pm me an address to send it to and I'll stick it in a jiffy bag and send it to you registered mail on Monday. If I can find the UK map file I will load it onto the gadget before sending it and I have a MapSource CD that can go with it too.

4. YesItsMe

Check your PMs, please.

And thank you very much again. :)

5. £20......................................

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I'll look out for this at the Post Office later in the week, eodmatt. Thank you for a very generous donation.

Mr. Tick, I hope your tongue is firmly in your cheek there. YIM is going to auction this item in our next batch of auctions, at the end of January!

7. YesItsMe

I'll try to remember that, Tick. ;-)

8. Sock puppet alert...(as in Brian)

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

eodmatt the parcel arrived safely at my house this morning. The posties are well-trained and know that 'Hols' mail is for me.

Many thanks for such a generous donation.

10. YesItsMe

That's great news, GRB.

Thank you once again, eodmatt. I'm sure ARRSErs will love this one. :)

11. Grownup_Rafbrat

All, I shall be auctioning this excellent item shortly. With many thanks to eodmatt.