To UAV operators (commercial, military or enthusiast)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AnnaJPhD, Aug 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum, and seeking to learn about UAV pilot experience (commercial, enthusiast or military) as it's related to my PhD (I'm a first year student at the University of Exeter). I'd be really interested in learning more about how UAV operators interact with and experience technology, for example flight controls or screens.

I've also created a very brief (7 question) ANONYMOUS survey about operator experience to get discussions started. Any answers or comments would be really helpful to my PhD: Pilot (commerical, enthusiast, UAV) Experience Survey (anonymous)

It's early days for the PhD but I'd be really interested in talking to anyone with UAV (or aircraft, for that matter) operator/ pilot experience.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, or if you're able to help at all!
    Best wishes,
    Anna

2. A - I hope you've asked the CO's permission to do this.
    B - go to PPRUNE.org and bother them too, they're the RAF version of this place. E-Goat is pump.

3. Dear alfred_the_great,
    Thanks for your recommendations - much appreciated. I am using PPRUNE, but hadn't come across E-Goat, so will check it out. I wasn't aware I'd require any permissions for a volunteer survey, as it's not seeking sensitive information and is anonymous. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of any rules about this? I'm very new to the forum, and the community in general, and still very much trying to learn the ropes!

Thanks and best wishes,
    Anna

4. Thanks alfred_the_great, will do!

5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've had an email from AnnaJPHD and can confirm she is genuine. I've also filled in her survey which only took a few minutes ..... its a slow day at work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks again, Bad CO! Much appreciated :)

7. If E-Goat isn't of any help, Try xhamster it ticks all the required boxes.