"To The Batmobile, Let's Go!" - House to Trance and everything in between

About once a month/every couple of months for me too. Used to go more regularly in Belgium but then the scene was a bit different over there - there it wasn't unusual to see the full of people from 18 year right up until the grey haired guys in their sixties. UK not so much in my experience (although I've did recently find a decent cooperative that sometimes brings over decent techno acts, and there the age range is also pretty varied).
Rejuvenation in Leeds is supposed have a good age range, and has been recommended as a quality night. Haven't managed to make it to one yet but it's on my "To Do" list.

Rejuvenation | Rave | Leeds

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
What‘s up with some of these YouTube links. They play and then become unavailable shortly afterwards. Some sort of hotlinking protection?

@witsend judging from your last few posts, I reckon you'd really enjoy a visit to one of Craig Charles club nights!

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I’m having a wee disco phase after discovering the Glitterbox radio show last week GM. Some fantastic tunes discovered.
I’ll need to have a listen to a Craig set later, but Lister is already a legend In my eyes haha.

Rejuvenation in Leeds is supposed have a good age range, and has been recommended as a quality night. Haven't managed to make it to one yet but it's on my "To Do" list.

Rejuvenation | Rave | Leeds
This sounds great - thanks. I also see the scene in London is a bit more open age range too, although a bit much to travel that far really.

Are you (or anyone else for that matter) familiar with Boiler Room? It's a great way to keep a hand in - it streams live sets from all over the world. I've been tempted to set up a decent TV sound system (at the minute I've got two Sonos Play 1's which don't do TV) just for streaming it. Perhaps I'll get around to it when the other half moves in, in January.

@witsend judging from your last few posts, I reckon you'd really enjoy a visit to one of Craig Charles club nights!

Now I'm back over here, I'm going to see him live. He does some great sets on Six Music on Weekends (I think Saturday nights).

Edit: So I'm not a regular listening, but it seems like the Six music stuff is just repeats of older shows. Still worth checking out though.

This sounds great - thanks. I also see the scene in London is a bit more open age range too, although a bit much to travel that far really.

Are you (or anyone else for that matter) familiar with Boiler Room? It's a great way to keep a hand in - it streams live sets from all over the world. I've been tempted to set up a decent TV sound system (at the minute I've got two Sonos Play 1's which don't do TV) just for streaming it. Perhaps I'll get around to it when the other half moves in, in January.

I watch/listen to some of there stuff on youtube , it's great. Get a bit sad at all the people in it filming stuff of standing around rather than enjoying themselves dancing !

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Now I'm back over here, I'm going to see him live. He does some great sets on Six Music on Weekends (I think Saturday nights).

Edit: So I'm not a regular listening, but it seems like the Six music stuff is just repeats of older shows. Still worth checking out though.

Listened to most of that this afternoon. Some great tunes played, cheers.

2013 decade of soul and funk.

He does a few nights all around the country, I've been to see him at the Band on the Wall at Manchester and he also did a set at a free event in Preston.
craig charles funk and soul - Google Search

20191201_000718-800x600.jpg

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
You out dancing, where’s that @Grey_Mafia65 ? And cheers for the Craig Charles pointer. I discovered DJ XS London who has taken over my Hifi for the last week.

Last edited:
Did you make it to 4am
Oh yes! Must admit though, although I go to these nights on a fairly regular basis, every couple of months or so, this was the first one in a long time that I stayed to the end and I put that down to the excellent DJs. Was actually gutted when it ended, it was that good. Next Love2Dance is in March, although I've got my eye on the Rejuvenation birthday bash in Leeds, just need to talk someone in to going with me!
Screenshot_20191204-220806_Chrome.jpg

Few more..not exactly "rave" etc though..

- Brings back memories of something I cant quite place...was in the mob though.

- This was the track I was listening to when I got the phonecall my gran had died. It seems to come on the car radio whenever I'm near where she is now...

Went to war with this one...was sunbathing on the Fo'csle and I had it playing just as we were called to action stations passing Hormuz, and onwards...

Kirkz

LE
Few more..not exactly "rave" etc though..
- This was the track I was listening to when I got the phonecall my gran had died. It seems to come on the car radio whenever I'm near where she is now...
This was playing when I got the call that my Gran had passed away...

Went to see them live about a year or so later and they opened the set with it, I was in tears for the first hour or so of the gig and still fill up whenever I hear it.
Very apt lyrics in the chorus I feel.

Latest Threads